Thursday, February 25, 2010

PTI Blog Hop: Design Team Appreciation Day!!


Welcome everyone! This month's Blog Hop is to take an idea from a design done by one of the PTI Design Team and create something with our own spin on it. Wow, there are so many talented designers and fantastic samples that picking any one thing is no easy task! There are many reasons PTI is such a fabulous company but Nicole and the other design team members are way up at the top! Talk about inspiration--Wow! Just seeing their amazing creations is often what makes me decide I must have a certain set! Love all their different styles and informative blogs. Hopefully they all know how much we all love them and appreciate their hard work!!

One of my very favorite sets is On the Couch (and Additions) by Lisa Johnson. I love all of Lisa's designs but this one is pure FUN! I picked an image from one of her posts she did during the release. I had remembered how clever I thought it was but I just had never done my own card yet. What a perfect time to play. Here is the link to her original card! And here is my version:




Supplies:
Stamps: On the Couch & Additions, Communique Sentiments (PTI)
Cardstock & Button-PTI
Patterned Paper-Cosmo Cricket Material Girl
Ink: Memento, Copics

Have fun checking out all the all the other blogs. I am really anxious to see what everyone did!
Happy Blogging,
Sharron

41 comments:

Lea L. said...

Such a fun idea! I love that stamp set! Great job with the challenge!

♥Lea

Marcie Sharp said...

Great idea! Love it...I used Lisa Johnson for my inspiration as well!

Tonya said...

So cute! Love the way that you split the picture...perfect with that sentiment!

Cammie said...

Sharron, this is such a great card! I love the colors you chose. Your card is a wonderful tribute to Lisa.

Anika said...

Cute card! Love the idea!

Tricia said...

What a cute idea! :-)

Elizabeth S. said...

Such a great take on this card!

Dana said...

This is so clever Sharron! I'm tickled with your idea and think you did a great job!

Heather P. said...

This is soooooo CUTE! Love this, Sharron!

Tanja said...

Sharron, I love how you split the card ... and your color combo is awesome - love it!

Lori said...

Fantastic Sharron!

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh how CUTE!!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Fun card; this set has stayed on my wish list. I think I need to move it up to the top!

Rosanne said...

Fun card!

Kelly S. said...

Clever for sure! Love how you made your little living room and great embellies, too!

Marge said...

Very cute & clever!!!

Lizzie Jones said...

What a fun interpretation of Lisa's card! Thanks so much for sharing!

Lisa Johnson said...

Wonderful card! thanks for sharing! :)

Nadine said...

LOVE it!! So clever that you made a card to "get together"!!

Rhonda said...

Sharron, this is very sweet. Love the colors.

Unknown said...

Great card! Lovely colors! :)

Susan said...

Such a fun creation! TFS!

Daniela F. said...

So fun and cute! I think cutting only one piece apart even adds to the design that goes so well with the sentiment :)

Terri said...

Nice job! what a clever idea to cut it apart!

Shay said...

I love your card! It is clever, lovely and fun. I can't wait to discover more cleverness on your blog later.

peggysue said...

That is really cute, what a great idea!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Quelle superbe idée, ta carte est très originale, j'aime beaucoup

Taheerah said...

Ah, I remember this card Lisa made from the release of the set! Love your take on it - really fun colour combo love the background paper!

Gail said...

Really cute!

Julia Aston said...

what a great design! love the pink chairs and the pretty green gingham DP!

Linda W said...

So cute, Sharron. Similar, yet different. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I love your card! Great job!

Pat said...

I remember Lisa's original card. You've done a great job with your version. Love that green gingham. And can I comment on your cute puppies, too?

jen said...

I remember that card & thought it was very clever! Great job with it! :)

Lisa said...

What a fun card!! I love the colors too!!

Kay said...

I've always thought that stamp set is adorable and i love the card you made with! Those colors are marvelous together! ♥♥ Kay

Karen H. said...

Fun card - clever to make it "miss you".

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

I really like your version of Lisa's card. The color combo is great!

Dru said...

Very creative - great card!

Maureen said...

this is so fun!! love all the colours and polka dots :)