Tuesday, February 9, 2010

CPS Sketch Challenge

I decided to step way out of my comfort zone and use Dawn's color palette. I always love her fabulous, often colorful creations but it is something that definitely doesn't come so easily for me. The sketch is from CPS and Papertrey Ink is hosting this week's challenge.

I used the Hibiscus Burst and Raspberry Fizz as the primary colors so my card is pretty PINK! The patterned paper is Bitty Dots-Dark Chocolate. The satin ribbon is, believe or not, Summer Sunrise. It seems to show up more as gold against the brown and pink. I used the flowers in Everyday Classics and stamped them in Raspberry Fizz ink on Hibiscus Burst cardstock. The sentiment is from Communique Sentiments and I stamped it with Fresh Snow and embossed with Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder (I need to order a nice white!). Border punch is EK Success and I added a Dew Drop and a few silk leaves. I also made two score lines at the bottom under the signature. I tried to adjust the lighting so it would show up but it still is hard to see!

Enjoy and hope your week is going well!
Sharron

10 comments:

Heather P. said...

Wowzers!! This is just stunning!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

WOW!! splendide

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Ooo, I love it! The bright colors are wonderful! You did a great job on this and the CPS sketch.

Terri said...

Nice job! Love the bright colors! Hope to still get time to make something using this sketch too!

peggysue said...

How very sweet and pretty in ink, and I agree, those strong colors can be a challenge, but it looks fiiiine.

Shannan said...

Way to step out of your comfort zone! The colors are bright but I think they look great! Nice job!!

Cammie said...

Love those vibrant colors. You did a fantastic job with these challenges.

Sara Mac said...

Great card Sharron! The scalloped border adds lovely detail. I love the colors you chose to work with. Dawn's choices are always great.

Lori said...

Oh Sharron this card is gorgeous!!! These colors are definately out of my comfort zone as well, you did a fantastic job!!!

Jennifer K said...

Very pretty!