Sunday, February 7, 2010

Compose A Card Challenge: Week 2

For this week's challenge the design is a white on white card with accents of Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart and Aqua Mist. We were also to make five scored lines on the card. See Becky's blog for the recipe and card sample so you can submit a entry. There is still time Below is a photo for inspiration.
I think I am one of the few people who doesn't own any flower punches or dies! So I went to a Waltzingmouse set called Sewing Box-Hugs. All the images have blanket stitching along the edges. And the flowers are designed with four sections that can easily be cut apart for layering and mixing colors. The wavy image at the top of my card is also from the set and has the same blanket stitch around the edge. I decided to use some embroidery thread (DMC 964) and actually sew on an aqua border. I thought it would be fun if the flowers hung down like a little mobile and I used paper piercing for the 'wires'. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch. The sentiment if from Daily Designs set from PTI. Buttons and cardstock from PTI also.

Are you having a restful Sunday? We are due to have snow (gosh I say that a lot) sometime today but so far nothing! I assume everyone in the US is gearing up for the Super Bowl. No comments about who I am rooting for! Have a good day!
Sharron

10 comments:

Terri said...

This came out great! I especially like added real stitching too.

Unknown said...

This is so cool!! I LOVE how you did actual stitching on it as well, lovely springy colours and a great punchy design, fab card!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute! Love how the flowers hang like a mobile.

Heather P. said...

Oh, how gorgeous! Lovin' the Spring-y colors! :)

Rhonda said...

Sharron, I love how the flowers are over the scor lines. Love the stitching as well.

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Elle est vraiment très très belle, bravo

Linda W said...

Another fan of your added embroidery! I'm sure that was tons of work, but a lovely effect. A very pretty card and a very creative way to complete the challenge.

Lori said...

Wasn't this a fun challenge? Your take is great, love the hanging flowers!!

Anonymous said...

I loved this challenge! Your card is so creative and beautiful! The flowers hanging like a mobile is stunning!

peggysue said...

Soooo fresh and pretty! just made me smile!