Friday, February 26, 2010

Compose A Card Challenge: Week 5


Hi all, happy Friday! And welcome to another of Becky Oehler's Compose a Card Challenges. How about some polka dots in happy red and white. Here's a link to Becky's post so you can see what everyone else has created.
Here's the Recipe
And here's the inspiration
My Interpretation!
I loved playing with these colors and one of my favorite PTI stamp sets. The heart chain (my new EK Success punch) worked perfectly to remind me of the rickrack. And the apples are picked from the canister above the cupboard. The molding made me think of adding some score lines for dimension.
Supplies:
Stamps: Vintage Picnic, Communique Sentiments, Polka Dot Basics (all PTI)
Cardstock: PTI
Patterned Paper: Bitty Dots Basics (PTI)
Extras: Vintage Buttons (PTI), Copics, Memento Ink, EK Success punch

So much to see this week. PTI's monthly Blog Hop was yesterday and Waltzingmouse Stamps is doing peeks of Claire's new sets. If you haven't already, you might want to visit. Enjoy your day and have a great weekend!
Sharron

18 comments:

Heather P. said...

This is fabulous! Love all the little details you added... The heart punch, the score lines, the fuzzy threads, they're awesome!

Linda W said...

Love it Sharron! Great minds think alike! Or at least similarly. I like how you used the Aqua Mist for the basket and added the napkin. I love that set. It all just looks fabulous. This was a real fun one!

Lisa Voerg said...

What a beautiful card. I feel like I am in the picture. Great job.

Carol D said...

Beautiful Card Sharren, Love the apple basket and the hearts.

Thanks for your comment on my blog.

Big Hugs Carol x

Sue Ann said...

Your card is great. I should start making more Thank you's and not just focus on upcoming events.

Anonymous said...

Love what you did with Vintage picnic! Great take on Beckys challenge!

Anika said...

Nicely done! I love the picnic basket!

Jeanne said...

Love your combinations! Really reflect the inspirations from Becky. Love the basket! The row of hearts make a terrific border.

jen said...

Wow- you really did a wonderful job fully incorporating the inspiration photo!! Lovely!

Lori said...

Beautiful card Sharron!! I haven't seen this punch yet, must check it out!

Rhonda said...

Sharron, You really did a great job with this one. I vote for top 3!!!

Gayatri said...

Love the little hearts lined in a row. Beautiufl card! Well done on the challenge.

Terri said...

Very nice! I love the heart borders too!

peggysue said...

Oh is that sweet, look at the row of hearts. Love it!

Angy said...

Love that picnic basket. Great take on the challenge!

Elizabeth S. said...

Beautiful, love all the details and the heart borders.

Cheryl said...

Very cute. Those hearts and that basket are wonderful.

Cammie said...

Oh my gosh! This is perfect for the challenge! LOVE IT