Thursday, February 11, 2010

Compose A Card Challenge: Week 3




I am loving Betsy's Compose a Card challenges. They really help me to think outside the box. This week the card is much bigger than my usual and uses unconventional colors (at least for me). We are going to be gone this weekend so I knew I better get my entry done tonight. I didn't have any Terracota Tile cardstock so this is the closest I could find. I have no idea the source, probably Bazzill. The other cardstock is PTI and is in the challenge colors. I used the leaves from Beautiful Blooms and the focal image is from Autumn Abundance colored with Copics. Sentiment is from Communique Sentiments (all stamps from PTI). I used an EK Success border punch, Spellbinders Labels 1 and some Dew Drops. The leaves were stamped in New Leaf and embossed with clear embossing powder. I did add some widely spaced score marks to emulate the wall in the inspiration photo.

I don't know if I will be able to check messages until Sunday night so I probably won't get any comments posted.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Smiles, Sharron

5 comments:

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous, Sharron! Love the way you combined the colors! :)

Have a great weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Sharron this is beautiful! I love the of the pitcher of flowers and texture that you added to the orange. Stunning!

Terri said...

Nice job! I have this set too but it still has not seen ink. I really need to start using it though! thanks for the inspiration!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Excellent job on interpreting Becky's #3 CAC. This was hard using those colors together.

peggysue said...

Oh Sharron is that sweet, and you used the vase iwth the flowers, a set I'm determined to get out before week's end. Great job with it.