Friday, February 5, 2010

Papertrey Peeps Challenge #1

I am a member of a new blog group called the Papertrey Peeps. This is a group of wonderful friendly and supportive women who share a love of stamping and PTI products. We have decided to have a challenge every other week and the first one is hosted by Lori. The challenge is to make a card using buttons! You can participate too--just click on 'Lori' and you will be connected to the Peeps blog and a Mr Linky link. While you're there be sure to take time to see what the other Peeps have made!

For my card I used the basic design created by Becky Oehlers for the PTI Birthday Bash. I used the house and the sun (stamped, colored with Copics then cut out and glued to background paper from my stash (cool for a sky don't you think!). I added a Rain Dot on the sun. The foreground is some Bitty Dots paper and a tree from Through the Trees (new set from PTI). The little birds are in that set too. The balloons are from Everyday Button Bits as is the sentiment.

Wow, I have been so busy this week! Lots of challenges from PTI and Valentine cards!! I'm sure I will be posting again soon.

Have a good day........
Sharron

14 comments:

Rhonda said...

Sharron, I love this image. How cool to add the tree and birds. Very clever and imaginative.

Sharon said...

Hello dear, so nice to finally see a pic of YOU! Love it! This card is fantastic, you clever girl. Love the balloons you've created with the buttons. WOW!

Heather P. said...

I LOVE the way you used this image, the scene is fabulous!

Terri said...

This was my favorite image. I love the way you broke it up and added other stamps. Great use of buttons too!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What fun your card is! I love how you have used Becky's images with the button balloons! So Cute!

BethieJ said...

Your card is FABULOUS! I love how you added the stamps so CUTE!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Well isn't this just SO clever! Great combining of elements here!!

Linda W said...

Great job Sharron. Love the way you mixed up the graphic with stamps. Very creative!

Kimberly said...

Wow, this is such a great idea. I love how you combined all of the sets. Great job on the challenge.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love the depth of colour you created on this!

Peggy said...

Fantastic card! I love how you created a skyline that is distinct and separate from the rest of the card but yet contributes beautifully to the whole card!

Lori said...

Fabulous Sharron!! Great scene!! :)

Aimes said...

This is amazing! I love the little scene you've created and your use of buttons is fab for the peeps challenge!
x

Becky said...

Adorable!!!!