Saturday, July 31, 2010

PDCC #40: Splash of Green


I spent a lazy Saturday afternoon playing with some stamp sets that I have been neglecting. I almost sold Butterfly Kisses and then today realized how glad I am that I didn't! I didn't necessarily intend to make cards today using all the selected older sets but just played with colors and designs for fun! I am anxious to incorporate some of my new ideas soon. Seems I am always wanting something new and forgetting what wonderful stamps I already have! Does anyone else have this problem too?

Today's card is for the Play Date Cafe Challenge using black and white and a splash of green. I really enjoyed last week's challenge using neutrals so this is kind of an extension of that one but with a splash of my favorite color--green! Any shade of green will do so I chose Simply Chartreuse cardstock. Another new found favorite--I didn't order it right away thinking I wouldn't like it that much but now that I see it IRL, it is awesome! Another product that I got as a gift, and have had for ages, but never even used is a Spellbinders Shapeabilities set. I don't know the name but it has several insects, a branch and the leaf I used today. I did some samples--the butterfly and dragonfly and several copies of the leaf. Great to have on hand to use when needed. I just sponged with the London Fog ink to accentuate the design.

Supplies
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms II, Through the Trees (sentiment), Background Basics: Text Style) (all PTI)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Pure Black, Soft Stone, Simply Chartreuse (all PTI)
Patterned Paper: Bitty Boxes (PTI)
Ink: Tuxedo Black, London Fog (Memento)
Additional: Spellbinders Labels 1, EK Success Border Punch, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Pearls

Hope you are having a good weekend--relaxing, having fun or just chilling out!

Smiles,
Sharron


11 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is gorgeous Sharron! I love how you offset the shape with the text on it behind the Bitty Box paper! Wonderful design!

peggysue said...

Yes I do that too, so next time you feel like selling butterfly kisses, call me first! I like that set! And I like that touch of green, so pretty.

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, lovely design layout! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Lovely Design. Very elegant. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC.

Aimes said...

I'll forgive you for that sinful thought of selling Butterfly Kisses seeing as you now realise you love it LOL!!!!
I love your shaped focal panel with the one behind at an angle - such a unique layout!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Rhonda said...

I too like the text shape at an angle. Great looking card Sharron.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful card! Love the shaped backgrounds you have behind the very pretty flower. The simple addition of the green leaves and the butterfly really make this card shine!

Terri said...

Nice job! I am loving the simply chartreuse cardstock too!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I looooooooove those two tags--esp. that text one!! That butterfly is the perfect splash to this color combo:) Great job! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

Nerina said...

This is so beautiful Sharron! I love the way you've layered the tags on this card - and the little butterfly is a perfect finishing touch!

Heather P. said...

This is sooo classy and elegant!!