Thursday, July 29, 2010

Jill's Angillic Creations Christmas in July Challenge

This card is for Jill's Angillic Creations Christimas in July Challenge! What a sweet thing for her to do! Be sure to check out her blog--there is still time to play and perhaps win a PTI gift certificate! It's hard to think of Christmas in the summer but I wanted to try something new and once I got started, I was so glad for the challenge. I wanted to use part of the new Mat Stack 3 die to create an ornament and also play with using some type of clear covering.

DH has some scraps from some laminating he had done and I had saved it for possible craft projects. They are some edge pieces that are already laminated together. I did the design and cut the plastic. All looked good until I tried to find some type of glue to use. The first recommendation was Vellum Glue Dots but I couldn't get it to work. I thought maybe it was the material I was using so I called a new scrapbook store close by and she told me to bring out some samples and they would see what worked. She carries both the Glue Dots product and Helmar V2 Vellum Adhesive Spray. Fortunately the spray worked like a charm! Does anyone else have other ideas on what works for this type of application?

Supplies:
Stamps: Mr Willie and Friends (Plum Purdy), Merry and Bright Additions (PTI)
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Stamper's Select White (all PTI)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Addtional: Rickrack Die (PTI), Labels 11 and Large Circles dies (Spellbinder's), Mat Stack 3 Die (PTI), Laminated Scrap, Copics, Aquatic Splash and Lady Bug Inks (Memento), Gold Embossing Powder

Thanks Jill for the bit of Christmas cheer! Now I actually have one card ready for the holidays and what a fun way to spend a summer day!
Sharron


7 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Well, aren't you the creative one?!! LOVE that ornament Sharron!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute! Love the cardinal on your ornament! Great design!

Teresa Kline said...

this is sooo cute, great card...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Angy said...

Oh Sharron this is so cute. Great use of your dies... great job.

Jill said...

LOL, Sharron, you're welcome! That's how I feel too--By starting in July, I'm gonna be on a roll with Christmas cards this year and they're actually going to GET DONE! :-D Thank you so much for entering my Christmas in July challenge! I am really honored to have you playing along! I absolutely love what you did using the ric rac die "leftovers" as borders--great idea! And creative use of the mat stack 3 die too! Truly wonderful card!

Terri said...

Great way to use that die. Very clever!

Nerina said...

What a clever idea for the mat stack die! This is so creative! I love your take on the challenge - the way you've layered the dies - you've really looked at this in a new way!