Friday, July 23, 2010

PDCC #39




Good morning all, I was so excited last night to find that I had been selected as one of the Fab 4 for my last PDCC entry! YEAH!!

Today's card is using neutrals 'Dublin Style"and I love the classy, calming feel you can get when creating with these. The inspiration photos are from a hotel in Dublin, Ireland and what better Irish theme than a soothing cup of tea. I have a dear friend who loves tea and we always share a cup whenever we get a chance to visit. She lives in another city so unfortunately we don't get to see each other as often as I would like. I think she will enjoy this card!

I loved using this PTI teapot die to cut felt. I was able to glue just the center so the handle and spout are movable--what a fun and durable way to provide more dimension! The little teacup tag is easy to cut out and lots of sentiments are included with the set.

Supplies:
Stamps: Tea for Two Additions, Everyday Classics Anniversary Set (both PTI); Tea at Elsie's (Kaiser Craft)
Cardstock: Kraft, Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone (all PTI)
Patterned Paper: Earth Love (Cosmo Cricket)
Additional: PTI Tea Pot Die Set, Stampin' Up Punch, Felt, Lace trim, Twine, Pearls

Thanks for visiting!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Sharron

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, Sharron! The tea theme is perfect with these neutrals.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

peggysue said...

You've made those neutrals really pop! i like the lacy look and the delicate details.

Lisa Somerville said...

Congrats on being one of the Fab Four! Just love that tea cup - great use of this weeks colors. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Julie Ranae said...

So happy for you and your Fab 4 win last week and this card is a great addition to the Play Date Cafe Gallery this week : )

Diane Jaquay said...

Very pretty card Sharron, you did a great job with those colors! I won't even attempt this one, I'm neutral challenged lol!

Nerina said...

This is beautiful Sharron! I love these images with the neutrals - tea is so relaxing - the doily looks perfect in here too! Congratulations on making the FAB 4!! Woohooooo!

Cammie said...

Sharron, the tea images are indeed perfect for these soothing neutrals! Love the doily underneath the teapot.

Terri said...

Congratulations on being one of the fab 4 for you last card! Nice job on this card too!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Congratulations! Your card is super and your friend will love it.

Monika Reeck said...

Congrats see your name on the FAB 4 your last card with purple is so adorable and this card with brown color also Very lovely...love the tea pot and the lace too....WONDERFUL CARD!!I just joining the PDCC too would you mind to see my blog? my card is number 63...thanks very much before, hugs, Monika

Suzanne C said...

Lovely tea pot and tea cup. Sweet card. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC again this week! Congrats on your Fab 4 last week!

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous teapot, this card made me smile with the teapot and teacup - love it. Thanks for choosing to play along with us in the play date cafe :) congrats on your fab 4 win last week

Ruby said...

Such a lovely card! It is great sharing a cuppa with a friend! Congrats on the fab 4 last week! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH--just love that teapot and cup! Great card all around:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVELY card! Makes me want to have a spot of tea! Congrats for being chosen for FAB 4!