Friday, July 30, 2010

2 Sketches 4 You Challenge: Laura's Sketch #57

Playing with turquoise again and came up with this card for the 2S4U challenge! The colors for the recent Embellish Color Challenge seemed appropriate for a 'Fun in the Sun' theme and I always love using a Pure Innocence image.

I stamped the entire panel of Hawaiian Shores with a stamp from Background Basics: Retro and die cut a square out of the middle. Her dress is paper pieced with a Color Couture digital paper. The swing rope is some brown baker's twine.

Supplies
Stamps: Start the Day with Whee (Pure Innocence), Sentiment is from Scattered Showers (PTI) and the Sun is from Sun Kissed (Bo Bunny)
Cardstock: Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Hawaiian Shores, Orange Zest (all PTI)
Patterned Paper: Color Couture Downloads--June
Additional: EK Success border punch, Ribbon (LSS), Page Pebble (Making Memories), Glossy Accents, Copics, Martha Stewart Baker's Twine

Thanks for stopping by--I love when you visit!
Sharron

9 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Such a darling card using that PI image. One of my favorites! Great color combo.

Diane Jaquay said...

Cute cute cute!!

Michele Gross said...

Sweet card! Love that little girl on the swing=just darling :)

Unknown said...

I love this card.. it is amazing. Your pups are adorable.. I made a a card with that breed of dog Pappion! Please come and visit my blog too!

Jessica Lynn
http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/

Laura Davis said...

This is adorable!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Aimes said...

Soooo happy and sweet!!!! Love the glossy accents treatment too ;D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Terri said...

Love everything about it!! Great job! I wish MFT would sell these images as digi's.

Nerina said...

Oh my word! Is that cute or is that CUTE!! What a great interpretation of the sketch - I love the colours and image you've used - absolutely darling!

Heather P. said...

Eeeeep! This is AWESOME! Love, love, love that pop of turquoise, too! :)