Monday, July 5, 2010

Papertrey Peeps Challenge #10

This Papertrey Peeps challenge provided by Heather was to use the following colors: purple, turquoise, chartreuse, dark grey and white. While somewhat out of my comfort zone, it turned out to be really fun! I did have to make some adjustments as I did not have chartreuse. So I decided to use Spring Moss cardstock and Memento Pear Tart ink instead. And this was also the first time I got out my new Take Three Summer stamp set. I LOVE it! I don't have the Spring version yet but will definitely need to move it up on my wish list. The images are wonderful and the sentiment and font are the greatest! 

Now, back to my recipe. All cardstock is PTI except where noted. The base is Spring Moss cardstock, followed by Elephant (Bazzill) and then a piece of Plum Pudding embossed with a Cuttlebug Birds and Swirls embossing folder. The main image is a panel of Stamper's Select White over Hawaiian Shores. I used Sweet Plum Memento Ink for the image and then cut out and embossed with a square nestability. I then mounted it on Fillable Frames #1 cut out of Spring Moss. Additional stamps are from Turning a New Leaf in Pear Tart and the little flower image in the TTS set with an added rhinestone.

Note my little flower frog--I found two of these while on our recent trip! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Smiles,
Sharron

14 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

How pretty your card is! I'm still searching for a 'frog' to hold my cards. Love searching for it in all the antique and thrift stores.

Cammie said...

Sharron, this is fantastic! I love the way you have used the challenge colors and what a great design. I have Take Three Spring with summer set on my wish list. What a neat little square flower frog!

Anika said...

Love your colors and how the embossing folder mimics that leaf stamp! Very cute, Sharon!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh I love your color choice!! This is my all time favorite color combo! Great card!

Rhonda said...

Turned out so wonderfully! Love the used of the label.

Terri said...

Nice job. Love the embossing on the purple panel. Cool flower frog too.

Teresa said...

Pretty card.That embossing folder is perfect with the take three summer stamp!

Nerina said...

The embossing on the purple looks so regal - it's amazing! I love the shadows it creates! What a cute and fresh take on the colour challenge! That take three summer set looks really beautiful on here! (It may have to go onto my wish list!) This is gorgeous Sharron!

Michele Kovack said...

This is a beautiful and elegant card!

Heather P. said...

This is soooo pretty! Awesome job with the challenge colors!! :)

Aimes said...

Lovin' your take on the challenge! I too may have to sub the Simply Chartreuse; think I'll take your lead and use Spring Moss as it looks fab here!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE these colors, and the design here is gorgeous!! GREAT card!

peggysue said...

Wow, i almost would not have guessed that was plum pudding, it looks so deep purple in that photo, but it must be because of the way you combined it with the other challenge colors. looks wonderful!

Linda W said...

You brought these colors together beautifully. Your Cuttlebug folder goes so well with your design. And that subtle little corner punch ... really successful project for a difficult challenge