Some time ago Nerina's challenge was for the Peeps to visit the Creative Mint blog and select one of the awesome photos as inspiration. My choice is from Creative Mint here. There are so many outstanding pictures but the title of this one caught my eye. DH's name is Harry so I of course couldn't pass up 'Harry's Berries'! And what a better summer treat than delicious strawberries!
I wanted to match the color of the strawberry box but my two choices were Aqua Mist and Spring Rain and IRL neither was exact so I did two versions! As you can see, in the computer photos the Aqua Mist comes across as a pretty good match but I also like the soft blue. In each the backgrounds are a combination of two embossing folders.. The large strawberry is from Green Thumb and the small ones are from Vintage Picnic. All materials are PTI unless noted otherwise.
Supplies-Card #1:
Stamps: Green Thumb, Background Basics-Retro
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist, Soft Stone
Ink: Lady Bug and Bamboo Leaves (both Memento), Aquatic Splash (VersaMagic)
Additional: Sizzix Argyle Embossing Folder, Sizzix Snowballs Embossing Folder, Circle Punch, Stampin' Up Punch, Crystal Effects
Supplies-Card #2:
Stamps: Green Thumb, Vintage Picnic, Background Basics-Retro
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Spring Rain
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Bamboo Leaves (Memento), Aegean Blue (VersaMagic), Copics
Additional: Sizzix Argyle Embossing Folder, Quikutz Stripes Embossing Folder, Mat Stack 2 Die, Pearls
Are you still with me? I really hope you like strawberries because since I needed several thank you cards, I decided to do a traditional color version also!!
Supplies-Card #1:
Stamps: Green Thumb, Background Basics-Retro
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist, Soft Stone
Ink: Lady Bug and Bamboo Leaves (both Memento), Aquatic Splash (VersaMagic)
Additional: Sizzix Argyle Embossing Folder, Sizzix Snowballs Embossing Folder, Circle Punch, Stampin' Up Punch, Crystal Effects
Supplies-Card #2:
Stamps: Green Thumb, Vintage Picnic, Background Basics-Retro
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Spring Rain
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Bamboo Leaves (Memento), Aegean Blue (VersaMagic), Copics
Additional: Sizzix Argyle Embossing Folder, Quikutz Stripes Embossing Folder, Mat Stack 2 Die, Pearls
Are you still with me? I really hope you like strawberries because since I needed several thank you cards, I decided to do a traditional color version also!!
Supplies:
Stamps: Vintage Picnic, Green Thumb
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Vintage Cream
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety
Ink: Lady Bug and Bamboo Leaves (both Memento), Copics
Additional: Stampin' Up Punch, Mat Stack 2 Die, Ribbon (LSS), Rhinestone
Thanks for popping by!
Sharron
Stamps: Vintage Picnic, Green Thumb
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Vintage Cream
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety
Ink: Lady Bug and Bamboo Leaves (both Memento), Copics
Additional: Stampin' Up Punch, Mat Stack 2 Die, Ribbon (LSS), Rhinestone
Thanks for popping by!
Sharron

8 comments:
All are lovely cards Sharron! Beautiful job on the inspiration!
These are all so sweet Sharron, I LOVE strawberries!!
These are so light, airy, and summery! The first two are perfect interpretions of the photo! I just finished my fresh strawberries yesterday, but I may have to have a strawberry smoothie today. Thanks for the inspiration for both my sense of sight and taste. LOL
I love that photo too. Great job on all of them! Love the strawberries. I especially like the spring rain and red combo and all the embossed panels too.
All of them are so sweet, wow you did a great job with the interpretation and the sizzix folders.
You've really been busy. Great set of cards - similar, yet different. Your use of CB and texture adds so much to each design. Love them!!
I am so far behind on these challenges. Hopefully, this next week I will have time to get caught up. Excellent work though - loving those strawberries. Guess I better get with it - since next month I am hosting...
Sharron!! I absolutely LOVE what you did with this! One sweet punnet of cherries and you make *3* delicious cards from them!! I love them all and can really see the inspiration photo in all of them!! You have been soooo creative!
Post a Comment