Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Embellish Color Challenge (Pink, Green, Brown and Birds); Papertrey Peeps Challenge #13

Hi everyone! Today's card will hopefully make you smile! It was such fun to play with all these patterns and bright colors! When I saw the Embellish Challenge I knew I wanted to use a recent purchase from KaiserCraft. I bought the 6" Paper Pad in the Hey Birdie Collection because I loved the nature theme and thought the colors were awesome. In the pad, in addition to the paper, there are 3 sheets of die cuts to match. 

And then our newest Papertrey Peeps Challenge by Carol is to use Mary Englbreit's whimsical, colorful designs for inspiration. Don't you think this is a fun combo! I don't usually use a lot of patterns and layering so this is a little 'out of the box' for me but the paper was a perfect starting place. Stamps are from Bird Watching by PTI. 

Supplies
Stamps: Bird Watching (PTI)
Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz, Simply Chartreuse, Spring Moss, Vintage Cream (all PTI)
Patterned Paper: Hey Birdie Collection (KaiserCraft), Bitty Dots (PTI)
Ink: New Leaf, Ripe Avocado, Burnt Umber (all PTI); Rose Bud (Memento)
Additional: Spellbinders Scalloped Circles, EK Success Border Punch, Circle Punches, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Copics

Smiles,
Sharron

14 comments:

Angy said...

Sharron, this is so cute! Love the bird and the patterned paper! Great job.

Aimes said...

This is so very 'tweet', Sharron! I love how you combined the DPs together! I'm gonna confessed I'm scared of this Peeps challenge but you've shown me that it is possible to conquer!
Aimes
x

Chris said...

So cute and your DP is perfect! Thanks for playing along with the Embellish Magazine -- I'm thrilled to be their sponsor this week and I have one more prize over on my personal blog!

Diane Jaquay said...

Fabulous card Sharron, those little birdies are so darned CUTE!

Rhonda said...

Love the bright colors.Great take on the challenge

Sarah Martina said...

What a sweet little scene you've created! :) And my daughter would LOVE your pups! She is a papillon fanatic! :) So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Challenge!

Cammie said...

Sharron, this is fabulous and perfect for both challenges!

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card tfs!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Super Card! Love all the colors and those polka dots! Great patterns and cute little birds at the bottom. So glad you joined in on the Peeps challenge!

Kathy said...

This is just adorable!!

Heather P. said...

What a totally fun card, and the mix of patterns is FAB!

Terri said...

Great job! Love all the different patterns you used.

Laurie Chilton said...

Hi Sharron..... what a beautiful card! I love all of the different elements in your cards and the colors are terrific. Your puppies are adorable too!! :) :) :)

Mariana Grigsby said...

Such a pretty and adorable card! Thanks for playing along with us!