Sunday, August 15, 2010

Papertrey Peeps Challenge #14

Photo from Country Living
It is my turn to come up with a Papertrey Peeps challenge. To play along, go HERE for the Peeps Blog.

I found this photo some time ago and flagged it. I think I was first drawn to the background which reminds me of Harvest Gold. I am so loving that color! For me, color is usually a major factor in coming up with a design. I love to select the colors and lay them all out for inspiration. It is so much fun to just play and change things around to get different effects. I was intrigued about ways to use 2 primary colors with both cream and white. I have seen some really awesome cards recently that use white as the accent--very striking! 

So here's the challenge: Make something using RED, YELLOW and CREAM with at least a dollop of WHITE!

When thinking about what to make, I first thought of seasons. The red and yellow seemed naturals for summer and also for fall. My first card is a basket of apples for a fall thank you note.
But how about spring and winter! Card 2 is my winter sample. Something bright and cheery for a cold winter day. Hard to remember how that feels with our long stretch of over 100 degree days! I again used plastic film over the globe image. So easy to do since I found the right glue! I even used an eyelet! I have a bunch of these laying unused in a drawer. One of my first 'had to have' purchases when I started stamping. DH bought me a Crop-a-Dile too! I thought I was going to use it for everything (LOL!).
Hope you find time to play. You don't have to pick a season. Anything that inspires you will do--JUST HAVE FUN!

Have a great week,
Sharron

Supplies
Card 1:
Stamps: Vintage Labels, Vintage Picnic, Bird Watching
Cardstock: Rustic Cream, Harvest Gold, White (scrap)
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket Material Girl
Additional: Spellbinders Labels 1, Doily (Little Yellow Bicycle), Silver Brads, Copics, Quikutz Embossing Folder Diamonds and Dots, Martha Stewart Border Die

Card 2:
Stamps: Mr. Willie and Friends (Plum Purdy); Daily Designs Sentiments, Butterfly Kisses (both PTI)
Cardstock: Rustic Cream, Harvest Gold, Stamper's Select White
Patterned Paper: Holiday Vintage Prints (PTI)
Additional: Spellbinders Labels 11, Sizzix Embossing Folder Snowballs, Medium Scallop Die (PTI), Copics, Glitter, Ribbon (Michael's), Snowflake Charm (Michael's), Grafix Plastic Film, Eyelet, Dew Drops

10 comments:

Heather P. said...

These are soooooo pretty! What a great color combo! :)

Aimes said...

A lovely colour combo! Think I'm gonna try to focus on the colours more than the white seeing as that's what I always tend to do!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Cammie said...

Oh, Sharon these cards are fantastic! What a great inspiration photo and color challenge! I love Harvest Gold even though I haven't used it yet.Thanks to your challenge I'll break into it.

peggysue said...

Oh Cammie, this is a great challenge and wow, look at how you did such a unique look with both cards but for different seasons! And both layouts are so very crisp and pretty!

Anika said...

Your cards are so pretty! Love these colors together, I would have never used them for a winter card, but it looks great!

Linda said...

Very interesting challenge. Pretty color combo and your samples are fabulous. I've missed quite a few of your lovely creations. I did scroll back through to the blog hop and they're all wonderful. Wish I could have commented on each one. I hope to keep up for the next few weeks. Thanks for the challenge.

Diane Jaquay said...

These are both fabulous Sharron, I just love that color combo!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful card! Love the color combos.

Terri said...

Nice job on both of the cards. Cool color combo. I look forward to trying it.

Nerina said...

What a beautiful colour combination - and such beautiful cards! You really have interpreted these colours so differently in each, but I couldn't chose a favourite! I love the doily punch in the first especially (reminds me of a tablecloth set for the picnic) and the charm/dew drop deets on the second are beautiful!