Saturday, August 21, 2010

Embellish Color Challenge: Quirky-Cutesy-Clean Style

This week's challenge on the Embellish Magazine blog is to do something "quirky, cutesy and clean". I thought I would have a problem finding something in the quirky and cutesy category but I knew I had the proper colors. I had purchased these bingo cards some time ago and thought the colors would be  perfect to use with some PTI cardstock. Then yesterday I looked for them and couldn't find them anywhere! Perhaps buying too many supplies? Anyway, I tried again this morning and not only found the bingo cards but also found this stamp. I have two Brentwood stamps from ages ago that are sadly in need of a little love! I thought I might give this to a friend who is planning to retire and loves to go to Florida. Thought the beach scene might be appropriate!

I colored him with Copics, added a little sparkle to the sun lotion lid and used plastic film on his sunglasses and on the glass. Sentiment is from a Pure Innocence set from MFT. The hint of a 'wave' is cut with the PTI rickrack die.

Supplies
Stamps: Brentwood Owl (Jessica Lynn Original); Pure Innocence Beach Bum (MFT)
Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Aqua Mist, Kraft, Melon Berry (all PTI)
Additional: Mini Bingo Card (Jenni Bowlin Studio), Grafix Clear Craft Plastic, Button (PTI), Rickrack Die (PTI), Spellbinders Large Deckled Rectangles, Copics

I love doing color challenges so have really enjoyed these from Embellish Magazine.
Hope your weekend is going well!
Thanks for the visit,
Sharron

8 comments:

Aimes said...

Oh this is super for the challenge! That bingo card really adds to the fun nature of that sweet owl!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Chriss Blagrave said...

Very cute! You worked these colours perfectly!

Linda said...

Cute, cute, cute. I think you hit it on all criteria. Love your stamp and coloring and especially the Bingo card. How different!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

This card is adorable! Definitely placed a smile on my face. Cute!

Terri said...

Very cute! Great use of those colors too.

Traveling Mama said...

And what a cute little beach bum he is too! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Embellish! Hugs from Denmark!

Charlene Austin said...

Ha...that is awesome. Such a great card...I'm sure your friend will get a kick out of it too.

Thanks for playing!

Heather P. said...

Eeep! This is sooooo cute!