Monday, August 30, 2010

PDCC #44: SSSC 83

Finally back to post a card--just couldn't seem to get any inspiration of late! I combined the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge with this week's PDCC colors. When I first saw this PDCC challenge, the colors reminded me of colors from the Basic Grey Indian Summer line. I used these a lot for cards last fall and got it out to see what might work. The navy added the contrast and kraft is my neutral. I didn't have anything that could be considered mustard but, while stopping by the LSS to see the new fall products, I picked up a sheet of Bo Bunny's Back to Backs in Honey Mustard Dots. I used one side for the background layer and stamped leaves on the textured side. This is a Kaiser Craft stamp set and I like that the leaves all have patterns and are super easy to cut out. The tag is the PTI bookmark topper die. I punched slits in the top and wove the ribbon through.

Quite unlike my usual cards but it reminds me of playing in a pile of leaves on a gorgeous fall day,
Have a great week,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Jungle Bug (KaiserCraft), Mixed Messages (PTI)
Cardstock: Kraft, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst (PTI), Navy (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper: Back to Backs (Bo Bunny), Indian Summer (Basic Grey)
Additional: Spellbinders Large Circles, Bookmark Topper Die (PTI), Scrap Ribbon, Pearl (Basic Grey)

16 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

that's just what your card made me think of - a huge pile of beautiful autumn leaves! Love how you've used the mad colours of this week's Play Date Cafe - they work brilliantly here. Thanks so much for playing :)

Aimes said...

Oh I love your leaves, Sharron! Such a lovely mix of colours too - you make them work so well together!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty! I *love* the rich colors!

peggysue said...

Oh what gorgeous color! This is so rich and has such depth.

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, the Basic Grey papers worked wonderfully here! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful use of the colors! Glad you joined us this week at the PDCC.

Neet said...

What a lovely card - and using those colours works so well.

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Oh j'adore ces papiers BG, ta carte est sublime

Zue said...

Full to the top with leaves. It reminds me very nicely that autumn will be upon us any day now!!

Sue xx

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Sharron! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

Terri said...

Very cool. Great use of the leaves. I agree it reminds me playing in a pile of leaves too.

Elise said...

This is WONDERFUL, Sharron! I didn't realize how much of a fall palette this was, until your card! I love it! I'm cracking up, thinking of you having a hard time with your mojo, when you take a stab at the PDCC's unlikely color combo, and make SUCH a stunning card! So happy that you chose to share this little darling!

Julie Ranae said...

Great choice to make these colors work! Lovely entry indeed...thanks for playing with us in The Cafe.

Nerina said...

Sharron! What an amazing use of this colour scheme! It was a toughie - but your card just sails right through and makes sense of it all! It really does look like a crispy pile of leaves! Just wonderful!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty! Love your use of the colors for the challenge and the sketch is lovely too.

Kimberly said...

You really made those colots look well together and I love how you used the die as a tag!