Tuesday, August 17, 2010

PDCC #42: Exploring the World

This week's Play Date Cafe Challenge is using the earthy colors of brown, green and beige. Isn't the inspiration photo cool--imagine all those camels! Hope I didn't use too much green but I love green so perhaps it kind of overrides the browns!

Supplies
Stamps: Up, Up and Away, All Booked Up, Fly Away (PTI); Creative Words (Inkadinkado)
Cardstock: Beige is Core-dinations; Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, New Leaf (all PTI)
Additional: Fillable Frame 4 (PTI), Ribbon (May Arts), Copics

There still time to join in on the challenge. Lots of fun and inspiration over at the PDCC blog!
So glad you dropped by,

Sharron 

12 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely card, wonderful use of the sentiments to go with your air balloons.

Aimes said...

Hey, Sharron! I love the way you mixed up your sets, they work so well together!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Angy said...

Love it! Reminded me of Reading Rainbow theme song - take a look, it's in a book... Great card and colors.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

What a great card! Love the color combo and how you have put this together. Excellent images paired for this sentiment.

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful, Sharron! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

Anika said...

Sharron, this looks great! Love those colors on the balloons!

Suzanne C said...

Very fun! Love the hot air balloons. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with the PDCC.

Elise said...

Ohhhh, Sharron! I always swoon over your beautiful pups when I visit your blog - they are WONDERFUL! But I digress, THIS CARD is lovely! I don't think you could ever use too much of one color in a challenge, unless it was specified in the color directions... just thinkin' that out loud... {hee hee} Anyway, this card is not only inspiring use of the PDCC colors, but the message is WONDERFUL! Thank you, SO much, for sharing this uplifting card with the PDCC this week! Yee haw!

Terri said...

Nice job. I like all the green you used.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This card is fab--I love the sentiment and how you used these colors! You did a great job:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

Cammie said...

Great card, Sharron! I love how you took not only the colors of the inspiratin photo, but the idea of reading taking us to far away places!

Nerina said...

Sharron, what a great take on this challenge - I love the way your card tells a story! What a great way to re-interpret both of these sets - this is so inspiring!