Play Date Cafe Challenge #43 has these wonderful cool, refreshing colors--so perfect for an end of summer card. If you have an August birthday, a soothing card is definitely in order! This is for my step daughter. Click on photo twice to enlarge so the detail will show up. I was having a little trouble with taking the photos. I was looking around for a sketch idea and found this fun and new (to me) blog, Card Patterns. There is a new sketch each week and I look forward to visiting again.
The main image is a bird cage stamp by Kaiser Craft. I stamped it with Colorbox Metallic ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. The lime layer is cut with the largest Spellbinders Labels 11 and embossed with a Quikutz embossing folder. The patterned papers are geometric to help keep a clean look. I also inked the ribbon with a light color Copic--something I had never tried before but it is very easy and I like the effect. A few rhinestones were added for glimmer!
Supplies
Stamps: Le Chateau (KaiserCraft); Birthday Basics (PTI)
Cardstock: Dark Green (Bazzill); Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye, Piggy Tales
Ink: Color Box Metallic; Cottage Ivy (Memento)
Additional: Vines Embossing Folder (Quikutz), Corner Punch, EK Success Border Punch, Martha Stewart Dove Punch, Rhinestones (Lush by My Mind's Eye), White Silk Ribbon (PTI), Clear Embossing Powder, Copic BG10
Wishes for a fabulous week,
Sharron


16 comments:
Beautiful card!
xoxo
Those colours are lovely and your take on the sketch is super! Love the way those birds really stand out!
Hugs,
Aimes
x
Looks absolutely refreshing!
pretty! love the bird cage.
This is so pretty! I love the birds and birdcage, and the beautiful colors!
Beautiful, Sharron. I love the detail and texture. The colors are lovely. It reminds me of an antique one we found recently. No birds in my home, just an old cage. Love your work!
Beautiful BD card, love the birdcage image. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.
That's really petty Sharron! I'm sure your step daughter will love it, the color so cool and soothing, especially considering the heat we've had! I like the slight touch of graphic paper.
Real pretty images and colors! Thanks for playing along with Card Patterns this week!
Pretty card. Very elegant looking and love the colors from that challenge.
Fabulous take on the sketch and the colors! Glad you could join us at the PDCC!
Beautiful birthday card! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!
What a pretty birthday card:) I LOOOOOOOVE that cage--so big and beautiful:) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)
Very cool. Love the birdcage. Still waiting for PTI to come out with some.
so pretty Sharron!
Love, love, LOVE this! And the colors are amazing!
Post a Comment