Thursday, January 31, 2013

The 12 Kits of Holidays: January



Hi all! You might want to get a cup of coffee or tea and sit back and enjoy our monthly post! There is a lot to see and we have some changes to tell you about. Did you notice we have a new name? That's just one of changes! First of all, you may already know we lost two dear members of our group, Suzanne, The Card Yard, and Cathy, The Empty Nest Crafter. They each have had some life changes and had to step down but both still have active blogs so be sure to follow them there. We'll miss you!! We also have two new very creative people joining us--Tracey, In My Creative Opinion, and Kelly, Gingham Girl. Please join us and give a big welcome to both of them!!!

We have also reevaluated our original plan to make only Christmas projects. While it is wonderful to have 11 months (we did one month dedicated to Hanukkah--thank you, Joyce) of Christmas cards ready to mail out well before the holidays, we also all ended up with quite a supply of leftovers. Enough to make many more cards than we posted. So, this year we are doing a mixture of Christmas with other holidays/occasions. Hope you enjoy the variety!!

To start us out, our hostess this month is Joyce, Cards-by-the-Sea, and she sent us the most amazing kit full of Valentine goodies. I LOVED this kit! Thank you so much, Joyce. This has been such a fun month! The photo below was taken by Kara who graciously continues to provide us with wonderful pictures each month.

PHOTO BY KARA
I'm posting my cards in the order they were made. I instantly knew I would use the panel cut with the Memory Box Piestra Tile die. And I adore the stamped image that looks like heart wildflowers.  


This next card uses a piece of the wonderful patterned paper punched with an EK Success Open Scallop Edger. Space was left for the bold sentiment and I added one of the great hearts Joyce sent.


All these elements were provided in the kit--just a matter of arranging and gluing them in place. I used the tiny hearts that came from the envelopes I used for the next card.


This next card was fun--love the wonderful little envelopes die cuts. I did use a couple of die cuts from my First Class Friend Die-namics by My Favorite Things.


For this card, I embossed the main panel with PTI's Woodgrain Impression Plate. I used a PTI cloud die to cut the sentiment and had to add a couple of birds from my new Rested Birds dies by Memory Box. These are the cutest little dies and I'm sure they will be used a lot!


My last card I made yesterday morning. I have been following Joyce and some of the other people in the Clean and Simple Cardmaking class. They were featuring debossing and I wanted to try it out. I wasn't sure about a sandwich so I checked Nichole Heady's blog and she had mentioned using the same one as for impression plates so that is what I did. Along with Joyce's supplies, I used WPlus9 stacked hearts, a few pearls, and a couple more of my new birds! I love the look and can see doing this more often.


Well, I've talked way more than I should have. You will want to see all the other fabulous projects so start on your journey by clicking on the sites below. We'll be back again next month with a Country Christmas hosted by Renee.


Have a wonderful time and thanks so much for visiting! 
Sharron

Supplies in Joyce's Kit

Stamps: Good Gab (Paper Smooches): XOXO, Valentine Defined (Stampin' Up); Love You More, A Pocketful-Valentine (WPlus9); Love and Marriage, Think Big Favorites, Just the Ticket, Heart Prints (PTI); Love Makes the World Go Round (Technique Tuesday); Wild Thin:g (Verve)

Dies: Perfect Patches, Mat Stack #3, Just the Ticket, Heart Border, Heart Prints, XOXO Border (PTI);
Piestra Tile (Memory Box); Stitched Squares and Rectangles, Instant Camera, Stitched Sentiment Flag (Lil' Inker)

Paper: White, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Pure Poppy (PTI); Lucky in Love (MME); Red Glitter (SU)

Additional: Embossing Folder (Sizzix); Queen and Co. Twisted Twine (Oozak; May Arts Chevron Striped Twill (Really Reasonable Ribbon); Rhinestones/Pearls (Kaiserscrapbook)

12 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

Every single one, beautiful! Valentine colors are always so pretty, but the way you combined all of your kit ingredients and the texture and colors together are just great! I especially love those sweet little birds. The card with the stitched square, great heart tree and woodgrain embossing is my very favorite of the group. Joyce did such a good job coming up with her kit and you with making it your own!

Joyce said...

Oh, Sharron--everything you did I just love. Such creative ways to use everything. I am so glad I sent all these things out, because some of them have stumped me for years, and now I have ideas. Your last card is just stunning. And, you didn't even take the class! Love your anniversary card, your scalloped border with the patterned paper, and how cleverly you used all those tiny hearts. And, now I need that bird die. I could see those cuties popping up everywhere.

Jeanne J. said...

Oh now I could make a list of things I should have done different, things I could have done better... the pop of red on the first one with the piestra tile pattern has me swooning! I think you made the best card with that die cut! And the postage stamp die with all the heart envelopes - clever, and your debossing just amazing!

Renee said...

Oh, Sharron they're all fabulous!!
So bright and cheerful...
but it the ones with the birds...
I LOVE them!!
Such a brilliant idea to add them...
and the debossed hearts...
perfect!! :)
(I've seen the others doing it too and thought I would give it a go! :) )
You did incredible with this fun kit...
love them all! :)

Kara said...

Gorgeous cards!! Each one has so many pretty little details! I am in love with those little birdies!!

The Paper Parade said...

Wow, 6 cards!!!! That is amazing :) I really like so many of them, I think my favorites turn out to be the first and the last, though :) I love what you did with the heart cut outs on the last! What a great way to start off 2013 :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron you made 6 really fantastic cards with this kit. I can't pick a favourite, but I love how you added the tiny hearts to the subway art, the envelope die cuts, the tiny cloud sentiment and how you created an impression on your last card. So happy to join you all this month.

Marybeth said...

Sorry I am late! I was gone most of the day. Ok as I kept scrolling down I kept saying wow…wow…wow… Love the anniversary one oh my gosh that is stunning. Love the tree with the little birds..we were on the same page with that one. The big heart card is gorgeous! Sure was a fun way to start with such a fun and easy kit. All six are amazing Sharron!

Amy Kolling said...

Sharron.....outstanding cards....they are just truly beautiful! My favorite has to be the chevron background....with all those little notes and then adding in the MFT die....perfect! (CASEing this now) Then next up is the tree card with the birdies.....and the last one too! I'm going to have to seek that die out! LOL Your debossing turned out awesome!

Jill Norwood said...

Sharron every single one of these is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE them all and want to case them!!! Pinning every single one to my Card Inspiration board!
xo
Jill

Kelly S. said...

Squeal! That embossed heart card is fabulous Sharron! And I so love the card with my favorite paper...the blue with the doilies! The border around the sentiment makes the whole pattern really shine. And your Love You More card with the heart details, adorable!!

Christina said...

I'm finally here! Wow, Sharron, I'm so glad I have a few days left before Valentine's Day to CASE you. :) The red and white first design is so crisp--I love it! I adore the way you've used large pieces of the patterned paper as backgrounds on two of your cards, and all of your little accents are so perfect (especially those tiny birds!). My fave is definitely the last one with the debossed heart. Wow! It is so striking!