Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Study in Beauty--Play Date Cafe Challenge #165

COLORS: Plum, Mustard, Rose
I was afraid I wasn't going to get this posted on time. I knew immediately I wanted to use this butterfly for this week's PDCC but had a bit of trouble with how to use mustard. Then after going through my 6x6 pads (I have a few!!), I found this paper from Bo Bunny! I've also had a package of these embellishments for ages so I was glad to finally be able to use one of them too.


The 'love' is a die cut from a WPlus9 Christmas set. Actually it was a pretty quick card to make once I decided to use the paper!

I've also gotten a little behind on visiting blogs. Hope to spend some time today!!

Happy Monday!
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Antique Engravings (Hero Arts)
Cardstock: Oatmeal (WPlus9); Vintage Cream, Plum Pudding (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Country Garden Collection (Bo Bunny)
Dies: Seasonal Sentiments (WPlus9)
Additional: Cameos (WeR Memory Keepers); Corner Punch (EK Success): Copics

9 comments:

Renee said...

Sharron this is fabulous!!
The butterfly...
that die cut with that gorgeous button...
and the paper is PERFECT!!
A beautiful card! :)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Oh I love that butterfly!! This is a great take on the color story this week! Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC!

Kara said...

so ladylike and elegant!!

Julia Aston said...

This is SO pretty Sharron! love the O treatment on your LOVE!

Rachel said...

Finding the right paper is always the hardest part! Lovely card and the background shading is so pretty.Thanks for playing at play date cafe!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron beautiful background and butterfly where do you find these great papers?

Joyce said...

This is just gorgeous. I admire what you did with those colors. I found them difficult, but you knocked this one out of the park. I especially love the butterfly.

Marybeth said...

love this Sharron! So fun to us up some of our stash. Gorgeous butterfly's and papers.

Jill Norwood said...

Sharron your card is a perfect take on the lovely inspiration photos! Wow! Love the butterfly and the soft colors! I am in the middle of a MAJOR craft room overhall and haven't been doing much crafting or commenting...nice to see all the beauty on your blog!!! :)Jill