I've seen quite a few examples of this chalkboard technique but it wasn't until Claire at Waltzingmouse posted this challenge that I thought I would give it a try. It's been popular in many informal cafe settings. The little restaurant where we often eat on Friday nights always posts their specials this way. So, of course, it made me think of food! I decided this card could accompany a gift of goodies for a neighbor or friend.
I used several WM sets: Little Box Labels, French Country, Say It Loud, Say It Loud-Winter Holidays.
The hearts are from a set that I have had for ages but have no idea the name or the company. The base was embossed with woodgrain and touches of color were added using Prismacolor pencils.
There's still time to play along. The challenge is open until next Monday so just click HERE to get all the details. Claire is even doing a random drawing for a store gift certificate!
It is freezing here today and we are supposed to take our dogs to an OUTDOOR agility class at 7:00--when it will be even colder! Gosh, I would much rather stay home and stamp--but haven't yet convinced hubby to take both the dogs!
Thanks for coming by,
Sharron
Supplies
Stamps: Little Box Labels, French Country, Say It Loud, Say It Loud-Winter Holidays (WMS); Hearts (unknown)
Cardstock: Sweet Blush, Scarlet Jewel, True Black (PTI)
Additional: Versamark; White Embossing Powder (Ranger); Fresh Snow Ink (PTI); Prismacolor Pencils, Black Cord (Stash); Button (Autumn Leaves)
16 comments:
Gorgeous Sharron, and you get extra brownie points for using one of my fave label stamps!!! LOVE that the rooster fits in there!! I never made that connection, but I'll be casing this for sure!!! Thank you so much for playing along with me!!
Oh this is a great chalkboard card......love the rooster in the middle . I love the stamps you picked for this technique . Mine will have to go with some homemade as well. Food is always on my mind.
Sharron this is so lovely! I love that you fit the rooster in the label and the chalkboard style is so fun! Simply divine! And I am sure the neighbor that receives it with some goodies will adore it! :)Jill
Hope you survived the agility class. We are in the 70's today. Love your card. I tried this technique for the 1st time today. i LOVE it. Stay warm!
This is just amazing. Your detail is incredible. I don't know how you did it? Perfect choice of stamps and layouts.
great take on the technique - I love the lable you used.
Fabulous, Sharron!!
I love that label...
and with the rooster tucked inside...
so perfect for all kinds of foodie gifts...
I'll be borrowing that idea! ;)
Love all the little elements and your pops of color with the Prisma's...
just had my first experience with those...
gorgeous!! :)
Stay warm!!
I love this - Looks like a fancy restaurant chalkboard in the center with your hand written "specials" along the edges! You nailed this!
That image is so perfect for this technique, Sharron! I have always thought it would be great to have a real chalkboard in my kitchen, but we don't have much room...this is the next best thing!
Love how you used that label stamp with the fun rooster Sharron! Hope you survived the cold with your dogs!!
Sharron-love the woodgrain image with rooster and sentiment!! It's perfect!! Hoping the hubs did the dog duty for you!!
Sharron, this is so fun! I would love to have a chalkboard just like this one in my kitchen. The soft pink with the black is an amazing combination and that adorable little rooster adds so much flair to your card.
You can definitely add another technique to your stamping arsenal because you have rocked the chalkboard technique!
Love this stamp and the cockerel in the centre! I love how you've shaded with the soft pinks! Very pretty card!
Ohhh, I don't use this set enough! Thanks so much for pushing me to take it out, Sharron! Love the rooster in the houndstooth label. This reminds me of signs hanging around our local supermarket chain Wegmans. Love the homespun look with the pinked edges and the pink additions! Hee double pink ;)!
Beautifully done Sharron! Love your lovely little pops of color and your pinked edges!
Post a Comment