Monday, January 14, 2013

Play Date Cafe Challenge #164


New Year's Resolution: Do more of the challenges that I love so much! It has been ages--far too long--since I last did a Play Date Cafe Challenge. Color challenges have always been a favorite of mine and I used to do PDCC all the time! Here is the link to this week's challenge.

A friend in our daylily club passed away so I am sending this to his wife. I always use something with a nature theme for sympathy cards and liked how these colors work. Some score lines were added on the side to coordinate with the plaid. 


Thanks for taking a peek at my weekend project. The rest of my crafty time was spent on creating with my January 12 Kits goodies. Wait until you see the new surprises we have in store for 2013! Love this first kit!!!

Have a great week,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Country Charm (WPlus9); Frame It (WMS)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse, Enchanted Evening (PTI)
Dies: Folk Art Florals (WPlus9)
Ink: Rich Cocoa, Nautical Blue (Memento)

15 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron this is such a beautiful sympathy card. I love the score lines and the sweet birdie on the vine.

Joyce said...

I am so sorry that you needed a sympathy card. This card is just so pretty and serene, and really captures the right feeling.

Kara said...

perfection!

Renee said...

Beautifully perfect!!
I love the simplicity of this...
perfect for that so difficult sympathy card!! :)
And I'm with you on challenges!!
Going to try and do more this year too! :)
Hugs!!

Rachel said...

ooooh this completely captured my eye. it is gorgeous! and i have to say, your little paps are adorable! i have one myself and he is just such a little doll :)
Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Cammie said...

Sharron, this is a lovely sympathy card. The little bird, the leaves, and the white space all create a calm and soothing mood.

anya said...

Simple and fabulous! Love, love, LOVE the patch that you layered everything on. The score lines add great texture, too! Glad you could join us at the Play Date Cafe this week Sharron!

Hellemor said...

This is a gorgeous card. So clean and elegant.

Julie S said...

Your card really stands out. I love the simplicity of the design, the embossing and the use of that bit of patterned paper.

Marybeth said...

Sorry about the loss of your friend. Your card is beautiful with the simple branch and bird. I like that idea of using something from nature. Love the embossed lines too.

bjmartin said...

Such a sweet card - love the addition of the score lines.! Sorry about the loss of your friend.

Christina said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Sharron. I'm sure his wife will appreciate this lovely card. I think nature themes are perfect for a sympathy card, and yours is wonderfully understated. The scored lines are a fantastic detail!

Veronica Z said...

I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I hope your card brought a touch of comfort to her heart. Your card is beautiful! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

Helen Berry said...

Oh Sharron, this is just so gorgeous - the little birdy is SO cute and I love the gingham square and lovely WMS sentiment too! Big congrats on making the PDCC fab 4 ;)

maria f. said...

This is such a beautiful sympathy card. So CAS.