Monday, January 28, 2013

Play Date Cafe Challenge #166


I switched gears this morning when some happy mail included this Memory Box Trellis die. It's hard not to want every new die that comes out! And since I now have the Memory Box Metal Adaptor Plate, everything cuts like a dream.  


The PDCC this week is a Color Splash--black and white and this time a splash of emerald green. These were as close I could get. The butterfly's body and tips of the wings have green and I used New Leaf cardstock for the trellis insets. Kara at KandRdesigns has such an amazing talents for creating patterns. So when I first cut the trellis out, and after seeing her blog yesterday, I started thinking about designs I could create. Hopefully the green gives the abstract look of a vine. I thought the added flower gemstone might help. I like to do dimensional butterflies so I stamped one on the cardstock and stamped and cut out the body and wings of another one to layer on top.

Just a note about supplies. Two of my mainstays are Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive and Helmar V2 Vellum Adhesive. I prefer Tombow to glue most everything on my cards. The V2 adhesive is a spray and perfect for adding vellum or clear cardstock plus things like the trellis. It's so easy to spray something that isn't solid. Then I added very small dots of Tombow in the openings where I added the green--really fast and easy!

Perhaps this will make you think of Spring!

Have a wonderfully creative week,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Antique Engravings (Hero Arts); Half and Half (PTI)
Cardstock: Soft Stone, Stamper's Select White, New Leaf (PTI)
Dies: Trellis (Memory Box)
Additional: Gemstone (Hobby Lobby); Tuxedo Black Ink (Memento); Copics

14 comments:

Marybeth said...

Wow… this is just stunning Sharron! I love the way you added just a ribbon of green . Gorgeous! You butterfly is beautiful too! This is a wonderful interruption of the photo. Bet you win with this show stopper.

Kara said...

so cool!! love the green peices!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron this is really beautiful, I love that strip of green down the middle and that dreamy butterfly!

Rhonda said...

It does make me think of spring Sharron. This is lovely.

Donna B. said...

Very pretty card! Love how you used the Emerald! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

Joyce said...

I am pinning this. It's absolutely stunning. Funny thing--I was admiring your butterfly, then thinking it looked familiar. I looked at your supply list, and I have that set, and have not (yet) inked it up. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cathy Weber said...

Wow Sharron, this one is really a stand out! I love how the green looks like it is woven through your trellis...great idea and so pretty with the white/black. This die is going to be very popular!

Lisa Petrella said...

BEAUTIFUL card!! I LOVE how you created the vine going up the trellis!!! So creative and clever!

The Paper Parade said...

Sharron, this is gorgeous! I love that bright green pattern you created...how awesome!

Rachel said...

oooooo this is dreamy. just love it. Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Renee said...

Gorgeous!!
I love the green "vine"...
it's absolutely perfect! :)
And yes...
after the recent weather...
and seeing this beauty...
feels like spring should already be here! :)

Cammie said...

This card does make me think of spring. I love composition, and the pop of green behind the trellis is such a great touch.

Christina said...

Wow, that is so cool! I hadn't seen this die yet, but I'm resisting looking at all of the new dies that have come out recently until my wallet can handle it. LOL! Love the beautiful butterfly, too!

Kelly S. said...

Oh WOW! Is this ever gorgeous, Sharron! I came in to see my daughter Claire (7) staring at it. She linked to your blog from mine...likes hopping, too :) She's in the process of making you a card right now! She asked when I would be seeing you...I wish! But told her that I have your address...:)