Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Beginnings 2010--Happy New Year!



It has been "forever" since my last post! It is amazing how quickly time flies by--seems like Christmas was just a couple of days ago. And I thought I would get so much done after I retired!

This card is for 2 challenges: Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger and Dawn's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #21. I knew when I first saw this week's trigger using the bird nest charger at Pottery Barn that I wanted to use PTI's Birds of a Feather. I love birds and was so excited when this set was released. I also love the beautiful font. I didn't plan on using yellow until I saw Dawn's color choices but now feel it adds that perfect warmth and spring feel. I cut circles with my nesties and then added the embossing. Both are Cuttlebug folders. I used Branches on the chocolate and ran it thru twice--in opposite directions. I sponged it with Vintage Cream ink (PTI) and used Camomile (also PTI) on the Bird & Swirls. The little stamp I used in the corners is from Boxes, Bags & Tags (PTI). All cardstock is Papertrey. I didn't have any aqua mist ink so I stamped the eggs with a light blue and shaded with Copics.

The little nest on the side is one I made using reed. Thought it should be in the picture too!

Hope everyone is staying warm. Today is the coldest day of the year so far here in Kansas. Looking forward to warmer days!


10 comments:

Two Happy Stampers said...

This is lovely... the circle focal point is very unique. Great idea. =)

Maren said...

Very pretty! Love all the added details. Thank you for playing along! :)

Melanie said...

I just love the embossed birds. Beautiful card!

Marcie Sharp said...

You're right- your card does have such a lovely warmth and spring feel! It's beautiful!

Sue Lelli said...

I just LOVE this card! That nest and sentiment is perfect for new beginnings. LOVE how you incorporated that embossing folder.

Lynn said...

Love this card...very elegant. The embossing is very pretty!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great dry embossing. Way to rock Dawn's color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

farmhouse-story said...

very pretty card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sharron! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks for playing along! :)

Ruth M said...

Such a soft & pretty card! The Birds & Swirls folder is one of my faves and I love the warmth your sponging has added to it!