Friday, January 29, 2010
Stitched With Love: 2 Sketches 4 You Challenge
Happy Friday Everyone!! This has been such a slow week. Didn't feel well a couple of days and definitely have not been creative! No posts since last Monday. I decided today I had to get at least one card done! This is from the new Papertrey Ink set, Daily Designs by Alli Miles. The sentiment is from the companion set, Daily Designs Sentiments. I LOVE these--so many great stamps!
I decided to go with a fairly simple design and loved the sketch for this week from 2 Sketches 4 You. Cardstock is all PTI. The card base is Sweet Blush. I embossed the white layer with the Cuttlebug embossing folder, Argyle. The next layer is stamped at the bottom with a Martha Stewart Valentine set stamp and the embossing at the top is another Cuttlebug embossing folder, Just My Type borders. I brushed across the EF with some Versamark Old Rose ink. The top layer is cut with Spellbinders Label 1 and stamped with a Waltzingmouse Very Vintage Labels #1 stamp. The center is the heart and sentiment from the Daily Designs sets. I added 3 strips of Making Memories patterned paper and some pearls. Ink used was the Old Rose and PTI Berry Sorbet.
We got out tonight for a quick dinner at a neighborhood restaurant but other than that have been pretty well snowed in. Still snowing as I post but hoping for a clearer Saturday!
Have a good weekend,
Sharron
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Love this card! That WM label is perfect with the PTI heart. Love the clean but warm feeling this card evokes! Beautiful.
Hope you feel better soon.
Stunning! I love the embossing :) Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura
Oh WOW! This card is gorgeous!!
Nice job! Your embossing came out great! Sorry to hear you were not feeling well most of the week. Glad you are feeling better now.
Sharron, Your stitching sets the card off so well. Very pretty.
This is fabulous! Sorry to hear you weren't feeling great earlier this week, but am glad you're feeling better now! :)
From one papillon (my Cloe, and Kira) lover to another, love your card, good luck!
What a lovely card, Sharron!
Beautiful and inspiring!!!!
Sweet card! I love the embossing and the bits of color! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :) Kathy
So soft and pretty, I love it!
Hi Sharron, love this card dear. Asolutely stunning! Hugs Sharon
Very pretty in soft pink. Hope you feel better!
LOVE your card.. so so PRETTY!!!
Have a GREAT day!
Very pretty!
the label is a marvelous complement to Alli's set! such a pretty combination you've put together here.
I have this set arriving next week - thanks for the inspiration! ;D
I love the pretty-ness of it!
x
I really love all of the textures you included in this! The background dry embossing the WMS label and the cross stiched heart! It's so pretty and the pearls are the perfect finishing touch!
Post a Comment