Sunday, January 31, 2010
Compose A Card: Week 1
Becky Oehlers has started a new weekly challenge called "Compose A Card". This fun new concept includes a video, a recipe, featured music and some type of inspiration! Be sure to check this out so you can join in. This week's card featured kraft, cream & melon berry colors, a heart punch, a melon berry button and melon berry saddle stitch ribbon. Unfortunately I didn't have any melon berry ribbon so substituted the dark chocolate. The stamp sets are Daily Designs and Daily Design Sentiments(PTI). I cross stitched the heart using a blend of brown and berry embroidery thread. Actually didn't take very long and I think is a nice textured addition. Embossing folder is Cuttlebug Houndstooth.
Hope you enjoy my take on this new challenge. Don't forget to check Becky's blog to see the other entries!
Have a good evening,
Sharron
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Sharron, Love the layered hearts and the brown ribbon. Thanks for letting us know about the new challenge.
This is so pretty! Love how you flipped her sketch. :)
Oh my, I LOVE how you flipped the sketch! Love your card!
Nice job. I like how you flipped the sketch too!
This is really darling!
That is too sweet. I think I particularly like the embossed white panel as a complement to the stamped image. You pulled all the elements together so well.
splendide, qu'elle est belle, j'adoooore
Nice job, Sharron!
Just beautiful!! Love the dark chocolate ribbon....and everything else for that matter!
Sharron your card is gorgeous! I love that embossed panel and the Dark chocolate ribbon just makes the card pop!
BEAUTIFUL Sharron!!!! Nicely done on the challenge!!
Have a GREAT day!
Great job with the challenge Sharron!!! LOVE the cross stitched heart!! :)
Ooooh! So pretty! I love the cross stitched heart.
I love this card! The colors do work wonderfully together!
Woo Hoo! Becky has your card up on her blog as one of the Top 3 for her first Compose a card! Congrats!
Way to go Sharron for being in the top 3 on Becky's blog for this card!
This is beautiful Sharron! I love the layered hearts and the cross stitched elements. It's such an elegant colour combination too! (I see Carol has congratulated you on being in the top 3 on Becky's Blog!! Wooohoooo - I haven't seen that yet - better go and check it out :0)!!
Congrats on making top 3!!!! Way to go.
Post a Comment