I have had such fun with cards for The Challenge this month. This is Week 4, Challenge #79, and the inspiration is for a masculine design (see photo below). I have way too many stamp sets that haven't had any use so this was a perfect opportunity to get out two of the ones I recently ordered.
I'm still focused on fall and felt a masculine card with a popular fall sport would work with my new bear. Of course, I didn't have any football stamps so I made my own, maybe not perfect but worked for my card. I fussy cut the bear but wanted to use the cuts for the arms so I laid the fussy cut version inside the die and ran it through that way.
I did add some glossiness on the football and colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol, something I haven't done before. No sequins on this one, just little wood-cut leaves!
Thanks so much for dropping by. I always love when you come to visit,
Sharron
Supplies
Stamps: All Inside (Ellen Hutson), Lace Leaf (Concord & 9th)
Dies: All Inside (Ellen Hutson), Banner Die (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Kate & Co. (My Mind's Eye), Woodgrain (LSS)
Cardstock: Rustic White (PTI), Nautical Navy (WPlus9)
Additional: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, White Embossing Poweder (Ranger), Wood Cut-outs (Studio Calico), Ir-Resistable Clear

5 comments:
This would be the perfect card for my dad, he loves watching football! Love the plaid, navy and tan. That little bear gets my every time. CUTE card Sharron!
Fabulous card....love that sweet little bear!
This is adorable. Love how that bear is holding a football, and also those wooden leaves embellishments.
How cute is your football toting bear, Sharron! He's adorable ... and coloured so brilliantly ... seems he's all texture-y ... perfect with that fabulous layered background! Hugs, Anita :)
Wonderful masculine card with the woodgrain and plaid, Sharron, and I love the bear holding the ball!
Post a Comment