Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Challenge - September Challenge



I received the most wonderful email last spring. Kim from Cupcakes, Cards and Kim asked if I would like to be the featured guest designer for The Challenge this September. Wow, I was so thrilled, and honored. This week the inspiration is this fabulous sketch. I have been playing a lot lately, doing birthday cards, using Concord and 9th sets. I don't often post many of my cards so wanted to use the first die set I bought from them. I love their products and they have just been celebrating their first birthday. 


So here is my card! The paper pad from My Mind's Eye is so gorgeous. In addition to this lovely floral pattern, there is lots of shiny gold. The polka dots on my card are stunning in real life but just didn't photograph well.

Thanks so much to Kim and to Lesley at Always Playing with Paper for giving me the opportunity to share with you. Hope each of you in the States has a great Labor Day weekend! And hope you will find some time in the upcoming week to be inspired by this fun sketch. 

Looking forward to seeing what you created. And I'll be back next weekend with a new challenge!
See you then,

Sharron

Supplies:
Stamps: Uplifting Thoughts (SSS)
Dies: Floral and Flutter (Concord and 9th)
Patterned Paper: Fancy That (My Mind's Eye)
Additional: Vellum (PTI), cardstock from my stash

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

CONGRATS on guesting Sharron, I'm so HAPPY for you!! Your card is beautiful. Love the papers you used and that lovely delicate butterfly!!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous papers and love the butterfly, Sharron! So happy to have you with us this month!

Diane Jaquay said...

Big congrats on this guest spot, Sharron! I'm looking forward to seeing your creations this month, and you're off to a FABULOUS start with this beauty! I remember these papers from a SSS kit I got and I loved them. They're PERFECT with that gorgeous butterfly and sentiment!!!

Notes by Nina said...

Congratulations on joining us as Guest Designer Sharron. Your card is wonderful, I love the pretty papers and colours. I have this sentiment on my craft desk just waiting to be used, thank you for the beautiful inspiration.

Joyce said...

Congrautlations on your GD spot. I love this beautiful card. Such pretty paper and butterfly.

lostinpaper said...

So gorgeous Sharron, great choice of design paper, but it's that butterfly that I can't keep my eyes off!

Karen Day said...

Beautiful card, Sharron!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply stunning card Sharron, love your gorgeous patterned paper and that elegant and beautiful butterfly!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Sharron, I have been living under a pile of moving boxes it appears! I'm so sorry to have missed this wonderful news... you are so deserving of this special honor, my friend! LOve your card, and that darling butterfly from C&9th!! Fabulous card, fabulous-er card maker...
=] =]

Lindsey said...

Yay! Congrats, Sharron! This is fantastic.

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron congratulations of being guest over at the Challenge this month! I am doing a bit of catch up today but your card is pretty as a picture with that fabulous C9 butterfly and the background paper is so awesome!