Welcome to another addition of the 12 Kits of Holidays monthly reveals. As you may know, this year we are switching things up and doing other holidays in addition to Christmas but this month we are back to Christmas. Are you excited to see what everyone made? I know I am! I was this month's hostess so the kit was one I sent to everyone at the first of April. I always look forward to reveals but it's especially fun when it's your kit. I love seeing how everyone interpreted the supplies. And I have to admit I hoarded some of the patterned paper so I would be ready to CASE a few things!!!
So here's the kit!
And here are my four cards. The images came from stamp sets by Renee Mullins at Plum Purdy Designs. She specializes in tole painting patterns but a while back she turned some of her fabby images into stamps. I found her site when I first started stamping and had just started my blog. LOVE her whimsical designs and would love to see her do some more stamps! Plus I like to color. And fortunately I have a few more Copics today than back in 2009! Oh, and you might notice, I'm a bit addicted to Lil' Inker dies!
LOVE this Santa!! I used a layout based on one used by JJ Bolton in a recent Waltzingmouse Flower Show hop. Very cool!
Well, I don't want to keep you. There is lots to see so be sure to check out all the other blogs. Just click on the links below. You should find lots of inspiration; and if you haven't started on your Christmas cards, there is no better time than NOW!!
Enjoy the hop and thanks so much for sharing in the party,
Sharron
Sharron, On Papillon Wings You are here!
Supplies for April Kit
Stamps: Christmas Cookies & Happy Hearts, Dear Santa, Holly Jolly Christmas, Mr. Willie & Friends, Sharing the Holidays (Plum Purdy Designs); Merry & Bright Additions (PTI); Jingle All the Way (Technique Tuesday-Ali Edwards)
Cardstock: Classic Crest White (Neenah); Ocean Tides, Pinefeather, Pure Poppy, SS White (PTI); Baja Breeze, Old Olive (Stampin’ Up); Red Shimmer (LSS)
Patterned Paper: Winter Wonderland (My Mind’s Eye)
Dies: Zig Zag Ric Rac (Cherry Lynn); Buttons (Impression Obsession); Stitched Rectangles, Stitched Flag Sentiment, Gift Bow Topper, Instant Camera (Lil’ Inker Designs); Cosmic Star Set, Resting Birds (Memory Box); Stacking Stars (MFT); Holly Jolly, Merry & Bright (PTI); Seasonal Sentiments-’Joy’ (WPlus9)
Embossing Folders: Journaling Card (Cuttlebug); Snowballs (Sizzix)
Embellishments/Misc: Sequins (Martha Stewart); Rhinestones, Spare Parts-’Packages’, Silver Glitter Paper (The Paper Studio-Hobby Lobby); Pearls (Recollections-Michael’s): Ribbon (Offray, Reliant-Local Store); Felt (Local Quilt Shop)
Ink: Cottage Ivy, Love Letter, Tuxedo Black (Memento); Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive (Stampin’ Up); Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)

13 comments:
Sharron thank you for sending us such a fantastic kit to work with! I was like a kid in a candy store, I didn't know where to start, but the cards seem to just self-assemble. I love the peak a boo card coloured beautifully and how you coloured Santa too! The bow on your last card is perfect. Such beautiful and festive papers!
Sharron, what an amazing kit you sent out...so many wonderful goodies, it really did feel like Christmas when I opened up your envelope! Your coloring is stunning and you really made your stamps come to life! thank you so much for a fabulous kit Sharron!
Oh Sharron, I LOVED your kit!! It spoke to my little folksy heart :) Love your beautifully colored Santa! So great with that layout. I adore how you turned the Merry Little Christmas sentiment into a package to match that patterned paper! And how sweet is your gingerbread pocket with the sweet little notes for Santa. I had saved that die cut because I wasn't sure how to use it...you and Kara have me wanting to try it out tonight! Thanks again for all of the fun products this month...and my wishlist grows :o!!
Sharron these are FABULOUS!!!
The first is my fave...
I love how you used those images...
and your coloring is amazing!!
And then the Santa...
the ginger's...I LOVE that one...
they're all gorgeous...
what a fabulous kit you sent...
so much fun to play with...thank you SO much!!
Hugs!!
First Sharron THANK YOU for the wonderful kit - I had so much fun I got carried away in it! I love seeing your kit through your eyes... you did so many neat things here - the first with the images in the cut out circles hit me out of left field... like crazy good ! Your beautiful coloring of Santa - those rosy cheeks... the polarioid pocket (clever), and duh... why didn't I figure out the bow goes on the sentiment? Love it!
Sharron--your kit was amazing and wonderful. I just loved it, and have loved going through the hop to see what everyone else did. Of course, your cards are just wonderful. So many ideas to CASE that I just never thought of. I think my favorite is the third one--those little pieces sticking out over the gingerbread people--so cute.
Wow! First I want to say thank you for such a beautiful fun kit! I cant wait to check out that stamp site, and I have some Lil inkers in my cart. I am so glad I did not color in the large Santa because now I can case yours. I love that card and the way you did the corners great idea! Your cards are just beautiful Sharron!
Thanks for such a fun kit!! I absolutely loved all of the images!! I love how you colored yours too!!love those peek a boo images through the circles!!
You are such a good card designer Sharron...seriously good. I love all of your cards, the last one is my favorite. Love that ric rack or chevron die and the cute package paper. You sure did send everyone a fabulous kit...loved it!
Awesome cards and kit this month, Sharron! I admit I was scared to color these cute images, but after seeing how everyone used them I will definitely put them to use. Love the peek-a-boo windows on the first card, and your coloring of that Santa is fabulous! Thanks again for sharing these goodies with us!
First, I have to say that this kit was da bomb! I loved all the die cuts and used some that I now *need*. hehe Love the first card with the punched circles for your images....fabulous idea!! But I do believe that it's the "Let's be Merry" card that stole my heart. Such a whimsical country santa and the coloring is spot on....the added photo corners layered was GENIUS!!!
Your colors/coloring are spectacular, Sharron! Just adorable cards!! You did a wonderful job putting the Kit together this month!!
Sharron, your coloring on the santa is awesome!! I love how you made the little gingerbread and polaroid into a package, and the first one is so cool how you did the three circles of the different stamps!
Post a Comment