Tuesday, April 23, 2013

WMS Flower Show #2

Hi, I'm back with another CASE from the Waltzingmouse Flower Show! Couldn't pass up trying a card using this fabulous card by Emilie Chamel as a sample. I love her card--bold colors are so festive and pretty!!


I again used Folk Art Medallion and stamped with Versafine ink in black to give an even bolder look. The center is two pieces and popped up with foam. That wonderful flower is a leftover from a 12 Kits supply kit that Jeanne Jachna sent me in November! I'm not too great with splatters on cards so, don't laugh, but I used a water stamp from Pond Life!
















Don't forget to visit Claire's blog and check out all the other entries! And thanks so much for shopping by!
Sharron


Supplies
Stamps: Folk Art Medallion (WMS); Pond Life (PTI)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Hawaiian Shores (PTI)
Ink: Cottage Ivy, Love Letter, Morocco, Teal Zeal (Memento); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Additional: Circle Punches, Flower (Jeanne)

20 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Sharron! Love the dramatic color of your medallion - perfect folk art style - and the flower looks fab. I'm going to turn you into a hoarder yet! I'm with you - not much on splatters either - so scared to mess up the stamping after I finally get it right!

Tracey McNeely said...

This one is beautiful too and I love how you CASE'd Emilie's card. Love the vibrant colours on your card and your pretty flower.

Jill Norwood said...

This is lovely! Such a beautiful CASE of her card! Great flower too! :)

Marybeth said...

Sharron your second card is stunning! I love the way the navy looks on this medallion. Another beautiful case!

Joyce said...

Another beautiful card. That folk art floral is so dramatic in black. Now, I want to case you!

Renee said...

Oh, Sharron this is gorgeous!!
I LOVE the medallion in black...
and with those bold colors...
now I want to do one in black! :)
Another gorgeous CASE!

Kara said...

pretty card..love your version!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my, I would have never ever thought to use black ink for this stamp and I am so happy that you did! Just beautiful and very stunning!

Karen Stein said...

I love the bold colors and how they just pop out of the card. This is truly beautiful!

Kary said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!!! Sharron, I absolutely LOVE this card!! Love the stunning, bold colours - they look fantastic!! GREAT job!!

Pauline said...

This is just beautiful Sharron, I love the slightly different colours you used in this gorgeous medallion! Stunning card!

Julia Aston said...

The black really pops on the medallion stamping Sharron!

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! This fabulous! Love the dramatic colours.

Sarah said...

I'm with you...splatting is scary!!
Love the vibrant colours...so bright and dramatic.

Darnell said...

Love them both, Sharron! Amazing CASEing!!

Vickie Z said...

ADORE your card!! I loved the original and you soooo did GOOD!!! The bright colors with black are fabulous!!

Vickie Z said...

Just want to clarify....not that you don't do good other times....I'm just so lovin' this card!!

Kelly S. said...

Gorgeous Sharron!! The medallion stamped in black is so striking with the bright colors. You saved that flower for the perfect occasion!

Kelly S. said...

Gorgeous Sharron!! The medallion stamped in black is so striking with the bright colors. You saved that flower for the perfect occasion!

Christina said...

Sharron, I love your version even more than the original. The black details are so crisp, and the offset flower is the perfect finishing touch. Beautiful job!