I missed last week's challenge so couldn't be late again! Actually I hope to submit more than one card. You can do that too! I am also behind on my Christmas cards. That's another WM activity--so much going on over there!! Anyway, my card for the sketch challenge will also be submitted for the May Christmas challenge.
I got to use supplies that came in my last order. I had been wanting this stamp set for a long time! I've also seen a lot of very creative cards using a combination of sentiments--subway art, I believe it is called. And to meet the requirement for the May Christmas challenge, I needed to use some chipboard. I made my own by cutting six circles and gluing them together. Then I used another circle, stamped with the Santa image, and glued it on top. My chipboard piece was then mounted on a die cut circle, using the same paper as one of the background papers, and then popped up with pop dots. I used a piece of twine that Claire introduced with the last release. Love the rustic feel! The reindeer border is an EK Success punch. I cut them from Pinefeather paper, which is a very dark green, but they look even darker in the photo! They really are green!
Be sure to visit the WMSC blog and see all the other entries. There is still plenty of time for you to enter!!
Thanks for visiting!
SMILES,
Sharron
Supplies
Stamps: Santa Is Coming To Town (WMS)
Cardstock: Fine Linen, Pinefeather (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Mitten Weather and Dear Mr. Claus (Cosmo Cricket)
Additional: Reindeer (EK Success Punch); Limitless Layers 1 3/4" (PTI); Memento Inks (Lady Bug, Cottage Ivy); Twine (WMS)

12 comments:
This is wonderful. I love that Santa. Your subway art is terrific. I have been seeing things like that, and want to try my hand at it sometime. You did such a nice job with all those phrases.
Oh my goodness...those reindeer are so cute! I have never seen that punch before! It goes perfectly with the Santa with his pipe. How neat that you made your own chipboard and subway art too. You pulled out all the stops for the 100th sketch! Great job.
Love it Sharron!!
The sentiments...
that fabulous Santa image (I just love him!!)...
and I can't even talk about the reindeer!!
They are the best!! :)
So glad you got this one in...
I know you've had a rough week...
but hope you get some time for more too...
this is the bestest week to do say...20?*giggle*
Sharron this is just too cute ! I love the cute reindeer going across the bottom. Sub way art, you are so with it! :)
And you made your own chipboard. Great card for the big 100 challenge!
this is awesome, great stamping!
enjoy *~*
Oh Sharron, it can't be more Christmasy than this - your card is fabulous - wonderful colors and perfect design!
Hugs, Karin
OH Sharron this is awesome!
Hugs
Hi Sharron! Another beautiful creation! I love that big twine bow - so much texture, and the stamped sentiments! That row of reindeer and Santa make this so festive!
What a cool card, Sharron! You're right, it does look like Subway art...what an awesome technique.
Sharron, don't you just love this set! That Santa is just to sweetest old guy...your card is just too cute and love how you used all the sentiments on the one card and the border of reindeer, too darn cute!
Beautiful Christmas card, Sharron! Love the reindeer border, the twine and the Santa image!
Those reindeer! That is the coolest die cut border ever, Sharron :)! Just love it with the awesome green sentiments and Mr. Claus keeping a close eye. A rustic gem for sure. Happy 100th sketch! I am always wowed by your gorgeous WMS creations, hugs!
Post a Comment