Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #102

Another week and another wonderful sketch by Edna Morrisedie! I tried several different approaches on this one but in the end decided to use something other than a half circle. Instead I used Spellbinders Labels 1--the largest die. It is set at an angle with one corner cut off. The rick rack circle I used for the sentiment is a PTI die and the sentiment is from WM Compact Sentiments. My happy mail this past week included some new Memento inks plus stamps and dies from WPlus9. Just couldn't wait to use these scrumptious berries. The base is the largest WM gingham stamp done in Elderberry ink, as are the blackberries! The strawberries are in the new Love Letter and I am LOVING this red! A piece of narrow rick rack and some red pearls complete the design!
I am sending this card off to our daughter-in-law for her birthday this weekend. Thanks for taking a peek! I have tons of stamping projects that I need to work on so that should keep me busy for the next week or so! 

Enjoy your week!
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Gingham and Company, Compact Sentiments (WMS); Fresh Picked (WPlus9)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Royal Velvet (PTI): Unk Green (Bazzill)
Dies: Fresh Picked (WPlus9); Limitless Layers 1 3/4" (PTI); Labels 1 (Spellbinders)
Additional: Inks-Elderberry, Love Letter, Bamboo Leaves (Memento); Rick Rack (LSS); Red Pearls (Queen and Co.); Corner Punch (EK Success)

14 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

I love this!!! I just got those stamps and havent had the chance to use them yet...they look great with the gingham background which is stamped perfectly by the way! this is just the happiest card.

Christina said...

Those berries are so adorable! I love them paired with the gingham background!

Kara said...

i agree, gingham and berries...perfect combination!!

Julia Aston said...

What a great summertime b'day card Sharron! love the blue gingham background and the fun fruit!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a WONDERFUL take on the sketch Sharron! So summery and sweet - LOVE it! Thanks for playing with us at WMSC, hugs, Karin

Marybeth said...

Love your happy summer card. It sure is fun to get happy mail. I know this will be happy mail for your daughter in law. Love the berries and gingham perfect match. I like your idea to change it up just a bit for the challenge.

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Sharron - Love your take on the sketch - it looks like a summery picnic. Your gingham is stamped beautifully and the berries look good enough to eat! Most of all I like the white die cut accross the top! Beautiful!

Renee said...

Sharron this is fabulous!!
That huge gingham...
LOVE!!
The berries...
and that perfect sentiment!!
I love your take on the sketch! :)
And now I'm going to check out some of those inks...
and I'm e-mailing you before I go to bed!! :)

Deborah Frings said...

Oh wow! This is just lovely - the gingham background is perfect with these lush fruits! Great card!

Joyce said...

This is so yummy and gorgeous. I feel like you have set out a sumptuous and healthy picnic, complete with checked tablecloth and white place mat, and I am crashing your party. Those berries look absolutely juicy.

Teresa Kline said...

adorable!

The Paper Parade said...

This card just oozes summer! I love all the berries and the gingham is the perfect touch :) Your daughter in law is going to love it!

Vickie Z said...

Love the gingham background and those berries are delightful!

Terri said...

Very nice. Love the fruits with the gingham. I bet your DIL will love it.