This week's sketch is by the talented Edna Morrisedie. And HERE is the link to see some wonderful inspiration from the Mischief Makers and WM Designers. You still have time to play along--just post your entry by Friday.
Sometimes it's the paper that the inspiration! Last weekend when I went to get a couple of Copic markers refilled, I noticed this great Graphic 45 paper and immediately thought of French Country. This is a 12" x 12" sheet and it worked wonderfully for the background. Love the shade of blue and creamy yellow! I used the French Country background stamp and stamped it with Amuse Toffee ink on Fine Linen cardstock. I wanted it subtle so I could stamp the sentiment over the pattern. The sun I cut out free hand. I wanted it to look whimsical and irregular--think I did it! The frame die is the first one in the Framed Out series by PTI and it's my favorite. The flower was made with a Rolled Rose die by MFT and the leaves came from a Memory Box set. I added a bit of twine and used clear embossing powder on the sentiment.
| DO YOU POST YOUR PHOTOS USING THE LARGE SETTING OR EXTRA LARGE? EXTRA LARGE SEEMS REALLY BIG BUT THEY CERTAINLY ARE EASIER TO SEE! |
Besides our ongoing storm damage projects, I have been trying to make a stab at organizing my craft area and making some revisions on my blog. Biggest problem is finding where to put all the paper scraps and extra die cuts--any suggestions?
Thanks so much for dropping by! Love it when you leave a comment too!
Sharron
Supplies
Stamps: French Country (WMS)
Cardstock: Fine Linen, Harvest Gold, Enchanted Evening (PTI); Unknown Green
Patterned Paper: Domestic Goddess Collection (Graphic 45)
Dies: Framed Out #1 (PTI); Mini Rolled Roses (MFT); Tender Leaves (Memory Box)
Additional: Corner Punch (EK Success); Felt (Local Quilt Shop); Twine (Martha Stewart), Pure Poppy Button (PTI); Red Pearls (Queen and Co.); Embroidery Thread; Memento Inks; Clear Embossing Powder (Ranger)

15 comments:
That paper is fabulous for French Country!!
Love the blues and yellows...
and that pop of red...
gorgeous!!
And how you have the rooster on that die cut...
Sharron I LOVE it!!
The twine...
the fabby sun...
it's all gorgeous! :)
This is a gorgeous card. You are right--that paper is perfect for French Country. But, you have really dressed it up nicely. Well, as for organizing suggestions--I've been keeping my PTI papers in hanging folders by color group--and I keep the scraps there, too. For PTI patterns--I have an envelope glued to the inside back of some of the pattern packs to hold the scraps--others are in a tupperware bin all mixed up. I'm sure you can do better than me.
Wow, what beautiful patterned paper...perfect for French Country. I love that sun and of course the rooster, but the red twine wrapped around the focal point was my favorite part...something simple but adding that great pop of color. (I use the extra-large setting, just love a great big picture so that even with my bad photography, the details like embossing show up!)
The paper is gorgeous , and is a great match for French Country! I also like the part you stamped to make your own. Beautiful card. If I use extra large it goes off my page. I'm still looking for a good way to organize my papers. Like the look of the new blog Sharron. I am afriade I will mess thing s up and loose my blog...:)
Sharron, fabulous card! The paper is perfect for French Country, and I love how you used red with it. I too need to organize my scraps; I'm thinking about using the method Betsy V uses. I'll be interested in your plan. I use the large image for pictures on my blog. BTW, love the new look of your blog.
I am so glad to see you playing along every week! It's good to have an escape from the storm clean up. I love what you do with this set. This one is another winner! I love the sun you made and all the little extras, the gems, the twine, and all the yummy layers. Well done Sharron!
WONDERFUL card! Love how you used such (south) French colors! So many beautiful details!
Hugs, Karin
Sharron, this is such a fabulous card. I love everything, especially that sweet felt yellow flower! Gorgeous!! Kx
Oh sweet sunshiney day! :) You know that I love this cheerful folksy card, Sharron! The paper is so perfect with the French Country images! Love the happy yellow rose and the sunshine with the button. Just the hap-hap-happiest card I have seen in a long time :)
This is fab - so bright and cheerful! I love the backing paper and the super button sun! Love it.
As for posting photos - I use extra large - so much easier to see :)
Your card looks just like a 'good morning' Sharron!! love the papers and bright 'sun'! I use 'large' for my photos - I believe that if you click on the photo it will go larger for those who want to see more detail!
so refreshing, very sweet!
enjoy *~*
Oh Sharron there is so much to look at on this fab card.Love all the detail and your flower is beautiful! Can't help with the scraps and die cuts problem - I seen to to be organisationally challenged.
Sharron, that rolled flower and the adorable sunshine with button totally make this card...what great accents!
Great job with the sketch. Love all the different elements. How is the organizing coming? I put all those things in baggies. Need to find a better system though.
Post a Comment