Sunday, June 17, 2012

Waltzingmouse June Blog Party

INSPIRATION PHOTO FOR JUNE
Besides being Father's Day for some of us, today is the Waltzingmouse June Blog Party--held on the 17th of each month!  I wanted to use the balloon from the Half Pint Heroines set so I chose colors from the inspiration photo! I started with a medium aqua color that I had in my stash. The patterned papers are from a single sheet that had a combo of patterns from Scenic Route. The basket is done in Smoky Shadows. It turned out to be a little tedious to do since I cut out each piece and then used from twine that I twisted very tightly to mimic the braid. For the card base I used a piece of Summer Sunset printed with a free digital pattern called Gauze that I got ages ago from Gina K. There are lots of fun sentiments in the set but I decided on "don't forget to have fun" just so the card will fit a variety of occasions.
Be sure to click HERE so you can visit all the other blogs. There is always lots of inspiration and if you want to submit an entry, the party will be going on for 24 hours so there's plenty of time!

Thanks for dropping by! Enjoy the hop!

SMILES,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Half Pint Heroines (WMS)
Cardstock: Medium Aqua (Bazzill); Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores, Smoky Shadows, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Metropolis (Scenic Route)
Additional: Rustic Jute Button Twine (PTI); Twine from The Twinery); Gold Pen (Uniball), Copics; Inks: Slate (Amuse); London Fog, Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black (Memento)

22 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fun, fun fun - this is fabulous Sharron. Great paper piecing job and the twine you added to your balloon is so cute as well as that little bow in that Heroine's hair (so cute)!

Anne-Elise said...

What a cute card, Sharron! Love the papers you used for the hot air balloon and the sweet twine bow!

Jeanne J. said...

Sharron - Too cute! I love your sweet girl off on an adventure! That bow in her hair is just the cherry on top!

Lori said...

This is too fun! Love the paper pieced balloon and the twine bow in the little girl's hair.

Joyce said...

I just adore this. What fun that sweet little girl is having. Such excellent paper piecing.

Renee said...

Amazing paper piecing Sharron!!
That balloon looks incredible...
especially with the twine!! :)
She looks like she's having so much fun...
and I just adore this!! :)

Suzanne said...

Hi Sharron! I LOVE the paper piecing! I have yet to try it with this image but after seeing this...oh my! Love how you perfectly stamped the ballon so the lines all face inward, and the tiny bow on her hair - so so cute!

Kelly S. said...

Your bright blue sky is just perfect for this month's photo, Sharron! Loving your pony-tailed girl floating in that balloon. Your paper-piecing is amazing, love those stripedy patterns together!

Bumblebee said...

Very cute card, love the paper piecing!

IamDerby said...

You used my new favorite set! I love your balloon and cute lil girl.

Deborah Frings said...

Wonderful!! I love your hot air balloon and super girl - the bow in her hair is fab!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So Super sweet Sharron!!! LOVE your card so fun and creative!!
Hugs, Karin

Kim Heggins said...

This is so stinking cute! That sweet little girl floating through the air in your amazingly paper pieced hot air balloon. Just too adorable.

Kary said...

Hi Sharron! I just LOVE this little girl on her hot air balloon. Beautiful paper piecing and the bow in her hair is just so cute. Love the sentiment you selected too. Have a great day!

Julia Aston said...

Great colorful paper piecing on your balloon Sharron! love the twine bow on the girlie's hair!

Nikki W said...

The balloon looks so much fun to paper piece. Cool card, love it.

Charmaine Stack said...

How wonderful! Your extra little details like the twine really pay off here. This set is on my WMS wish list. It seems so versatile!

The Paper Parade said...

I already loved the balloon stamp, but adding the twine bow in her hair totally makes the card!! It is just too cute :)

Marybeth said...

You sure are making me love this set more and more Sharron. Love the sweet bow. Now you have a ready made card ! Beautiful card.

Sue Ann said...

My set is coming SOON and I cannot wait and this card has me all excited and faint at the same time. LOVE IT!!

Cammie said...

Such a fun and happy card! Love the paper piecing and the use of twine for ropes on the balloon and for the bow in her hair.

Terri said...

Definitely a fun card! Love the paper pieced balloon.