Saturday, June 16, 2012

ColourQ Challenge #141

This is my first ever ColourQ entry! I was looking for something to make for a birthday card for our teenage grandson and thought these wonderful colors would fit the bill. I had already pulled out four of them so added another blue and here is what I came up with!
I knew I wanted to use my new stamp set and dies from WPlus9. I had won Dawn's Berry set and dies at the last release and since I had been wanting to order her stamps for quite a while, I placed my first order. LOVE the stamps! They stamp so beautifully and the dies are the greatest. They came linked together but were super easy to snap apart! Now I am so anxious to make something with the berries!!

I cut the pocket out of Enchanted Evening cardstock, then used a stamp inked with London Fog ink to give the look of denim with a little texture. The stitching was stamped with Fresh Snow ink.The frog is from Jillibean Soup. I tried him on green paper first but liked how the details show better on white. The "a pocketful of Birthday wishes" is in the A Pocketful set. "Hey" was stamped using just part of a WMS sentiment. The "Just for you" came from the same WM set.
Best wishes to all on this Father's Day weekend! 

Thanks for visiting,
SHARRON

Supplies
Stamps: A Pocketful (WPlus9); Compact Sentiments (WMS): Frogs (Jillibean Soup)
Cardstock: Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening, Stamper's Select White (PTI); Green from stash (either Stampin' Up or Bazzill)
Patterned Paper: Bitty Boxes (Spring Rain)--PTI
Dies: Pocketful (WPlus9)
Additional: Copper Eyelets (American Crafts); Memento Ink (Bamboo Leaves, Paris Dusk, London Fog); PTI Fresh Snow Ink

10 comments:

Renee said...

It's fabulous!!
Perfect for a guy...
colors and all!!
I got the pocket set too...
I really need to pull it out for a little play! :)
Maybe when I get caught up on a few things...
I'm hoping July is all about play then!

Joyce said...

This is absolutely adorable. Can I say that about a manly card? Love the frog jumping out of the pocket.

Marybeth said...

Hi Sharron! Love your pocket card,its so sweet. You have me trying to decide if I need this WMS sentiment set. Love the cute frog. Have a great weekend.

Sylvia said...

Your pocket card is so cute, Sharron , love that frog!Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card. Hope you have a lovely Father's Day!

The Paper Parade said...

Sharron, what a cute/fun idea! I love the frog with the little note coming out of the pocket :)

Kara said...

This is so great!! Going to have to remember this one..I need to try that!! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ.

Unknown said...

Wonderful pocket card! I love that frog he is a hoot! Thanks so much for playing at ColourQ this week! :)

Christina said...

How fun is this?! I really need to play with my pocket dies some more--your frog "filler" is such a clever idea!

Terri said...

Very cute. Great idea to put the frog in the pocket.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

OMG! What a fun card! Great take on the color challenge. Your frog is adorable!