Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The 12 Kits of Christmas: February

Another exciting reveal for the 12 Kits group! It is such fun to see what everyone has created. For those of you not familiar with our little group, we started out this year with a group of 12 stampers who all wanted to get a jump start on Christmas! Each month one of us puts together kits for all the members. We all get the same supplies and then post our creations on the last day of the month! 

This month Cathy, The Empty Nest Crafter, is our hostess and below is a photo of the supplies in her kits. Kara has kindly taken pictures that any of us can use if we didn't do pictures when our supplies arrived. Guilty here!! And thanks much, Kara! I love the day the kit arrives! It's a total surprise packet--full of wonderful stamping supplies--like a Christmas package full of goodies!! Thank you, Cathy--I loved working with this month's kit!
Photo by Kara
Meet Wesley Bear--isn't he adorable! Cathy cut out several copies of Wesley and stamped him. She also included a felt version. You'll see him in a second! Also included was a snow globe and lots of pretty trim pieces for us to try. I wanted to add some of the 'snow' Cathy sent so I cut a circle out of the front and added a piece of clear plastic. Wesley is now enclosed in his little winter wonderland. Loved those little sparkly snowflakes so had to use those too! The snow globe card is then mounted on a base of kraft cardstock and a piece of the Memory Box patterned paper in the kit. The front of the globe can be lifted leaving a circle where a message can be written.
And here is felt Wesley. Don't laugh at his nose! I embroidered his face but kept looking at him thinking his nose was too big! I debated about redoing it but finally decided to leave well enough alone! The sweet little scarf was from Cathy! I did add something not in the kit. The Nordic patterned ribbon was part of a Christmas gift from my dear friend, Renee. I thought it was just the perfect touch! Wesley loves it too!
Here is a list of everyone who is participating. Be sure to visit their blogs for some wonderful inspiration! You don't want to miss even one!! I'm going to try and stay up late tonight so I can see everyone's posts as soon as they go up!!


So happy that you came to visit. Hope you had fun!

HUGS,
Sharron

Supplies in Cathy's Kit (Those I Used Are in Red)
Snow Globe-My Time Made Easy
Paper-Yuletide Collection-Memory Box
Polar Bear Stamp and Die (Wesley)-Memory Box
Banner Die-Spellbinders Ribbon Banner Trio
Embossing Folder-Tim Holtz
Buttons-PTI
Sentiments-Holiday Lights, In the Meadow (PTI); Compliments of the Season (WMS); Cocoa Bear (Lil Inkers)
Synthetic Snowflakes (Michaels)

20 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

You have no idea how excited I was to see you used the felt bear and scarf...and you even embroidered on it! His nose looks wonderful, I love the thought you put into this. That nordic ribbon really was the perfect touch. I also really liked the snowglobe with the snow, just a wonderful set of cards with my kit.

Amy Kolling said...

Oh my, your first card is wonderful layered on that pattern paper. Your snow globe looks so lifelike and the sentiment banner was perfectly placed. Ok, now for card #2. ADORABLE!!!! Seriously gave me one big smile! I think his nose is perfect just the way he is....kinda like Rudolph KWIM? :)

The Paper Parade said...

Sharron, I love that first card especially, the snow globe looks so real the way that you put the snow in there!! And I don't think that the nose on the second one is too big at all, I love the fact that you actually embroidered it :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is a great way to support one another in your quest to get those holiday cards done early. The cards you created from your kits are super cute and shows a lot of creativity. Nicely done.

Suzanne said...

Sharron, I love that you trimmed the paper to leave some kraft edging on the first card - it really makes the layout POP! You're all so creative with those shaker cards, too. I have to try that out! I also love that gorgeous brown ribbon on the second card!

JJ Bolton said...

Great cards Sharron! And I think your bear nose is perfect! (What a great idea to embroider it) I love the background you did behind the snow globe:) Enjoy the day Sharron!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Sharron!! I love the snowglobe! If that doesn't say Christmas I don't know what does! ANd that sweet felt polar bear with the embroidered nose- AWESOME! Who wouldn't love to receive either of these beauties?

Christina said...

Darling cards, Sharron! I wasn't brave enough to try a shaker card, but yours is fantastic. I love the dark background that really makes the globe stand out. Your second card is just plain adorable! LOVE the embroidery on your felt bear, and the ribbon you added is perfect. Great job with this month's kit!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow, love the addition of the Nordic ribbon and the color combinations are just perfect. Your snow globe is just adorable, that little guy looks so happy inside there. Both cards are just so beautiful.

Renee said...

Oh, Sharron these are both fabulous!!
I love the snow globe...
and then the embroidering on the felt...
genius!!
I LOVE that ribbon with that card too...
it's so perfect with those papers!
Both are just amazing...
I love them!!

Marybeth said...

Wow ! The details on your cards are wonderful the embroidered nose, scarf,and the beautiful nordic ribbon. Your snow globe turned out just beautiful, you used the snow wonderfully. I love the dark paper. Love the sweet nose on the second card.
Im so sorry I had mine set for tonight and didn't get on my computer until late this morning. UGGG
Both of your cards are beautiful Sharron!

Kara said...

that nordic ribbon is the perfect addition!! love your cards!!

Julia Aston said...

You created two fun cards from your Christmas kits! what a fun creative exchange!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute projects Sharron! Great way to showcase all this sweetness! Lovin' the polar bears!

Joyce said...

These are just so wonderful. Sorry I'm so late to the party. I love your snow globe. It looks like it will shake a bit better than mine....And, your embroidered bear, with the big black nose is just darling. Love him to death.

Patrice said...

So cute...I hope you'll link up again at 52 Card Pickup!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/03/52-card-pickup-week-9.html

Terri said...

What a great kit. That bear is super cute. Both of your cards are great. I especially like the the first one. Love the snowglobe.

Inkyfingers said...

These are gorgeous cards Sharron and the cute felt polar bear has a wonderful nose. I really like the snow globe idea.
Hugs
Carol x

Rhonda said...

What a wonderful polar bear. Love the cards you created with the kit.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Cute little polar bear! Even his nose it adorable! Great job on the card you have created. You'll have enough cards by November to send along to all on your holiday list.