Friday, February 10, 2012

WMSC #83; Play Date Cafe Challenge #118


I know I am SO VERY late getting my WMS challenge posted but I didn't want to miss another one! The sketch uses a round card and I love that shape! This week's fabby design was done by Jennifer Culbertson.
And I love the colors in this Play Date Cafe Challenge so decided to combine the two! I haven't done a PDCC is a while and couldn't pass up these cheerful colors.
So here's my card!! I passed on the Valentine theme and went to Spring!!!
Since being introduced to Memory Box dies during the January 12 Kits of Christmas party, I've had the temptation to buy them all! Well, maybe that's a bit of an over-exaggeration but I have already placed two orders!! I instantly fell in love with this little bird so I foresee using it a lot!!

The WM stamps are two of my favorites--the plaid from Off Beat Backgrounds and Nordic Winter. Both are stamped with my new Amuse Ink (LOVE it!).

I'm keeping this short so I can get posted on time. As always, I love when you stop by for a visit!

Wishing you a happy weekend!!
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Off Beat Backgrounds, Nordic Winter (WMS); Everyday Button Bits, Tiny Treats-Valentine (PTI)
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Harvest Gold, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening (all PTI)
Dies: Heart Trio (PTI), Perched Reed Bird (Memory Box), Circles and Scalloped Circles (Spellbinders)
Inks: Amuse, Memento
Pearls (Queen and Co.)

18 comments:

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love this! Such wonderful stamping and the colors are so springy!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Sharron, This is so pretty! I love your sweet bird with those balloons! Just makes me happy looking at it!

Rhonda said...

Love the plaid and circle shape. The pearls on the hearts are SWEET!

Deborah Frings said...

Love the colour of your plaid background and the sweet heart ribbon! Love the blue bird too!

Suzanne said...

Sharron this is just SO sweet! I love that bird and the tiny hearts with the pearls...perfect!

Savitri said...

What a sweet card!! I LOVE the colors you used here!!

Kelly S. said...

Awwww! Let me say it again! Awwwww! This is so sweet, Sharron! I love that bluebird with his sweet heart balloons. Your plaid stamping is AMAZING! I can't resist that spot of Nordic Winter on this delightfully springy card! So awesome!

Kelly S. said...

PS...A Muse Studio ink IS the bomb! I can't get enough of it either, and am so excited to order some of the new colors introduced :)!

Joyce said...

This is so cute. I adore that bird, and also that plaid that you created. Oh, and the hearts with the pearls, too.

Kim Heggins said...

too adorable! Love the blue and yellow combination too. Great take and the sketch card.

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Sharron, the colours are great here in this sketch, a wonderful fresh springy card!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty card! Great take on the WMS sketch and beautiful colors.

Lisa Elton said...

It is a sweet little bird! love the pretty plaid background you've stamped. Super cute card!

Terri said...

Great card! Love everything about it especially the plaid background and the heart border.

Aimes said...

So very, very sweet!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Denise said...

This is PERFECT! I love every sweet detail. SO glad you joined us in the Cafe! Beautiful work!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so sweet! LOVE that darling, little bird carrying his bundle of balloons! And those stitched hearts are FABULOUS! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Ruby said...

Ah I missed this gorgeous sketch! I love how you've used it with our colours, your houndstooth background looks fab with your pretty bird! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!