Another wonderful sketch from Jennifer Culbertson for this week's WMSC. I'm still playing with L'il Buddies so my card includes three of the adorable little chicks along with that sweet butterfly!
For some reason it seemed to take forever to complete this card. I made three tries to get the grass and chicks spaced correctly! Then the little guy in the middle ended up with his feet buried in grass so when I colored them with Copics they looked a little strange with the green grass streaks! I finally decided just to cut some out and glue them on top! Both the chicks and the butterfly are paper pieced, using Bitty Dots patterned paper in Lemon Tart and Raspberry Fizz. A little shading was added with Copics.
Wow, it was so warm here yesterday that people were out working in their yards and running around in shorts. Can't believe it is still February!!
So glad you stopped by. Love your visits!
SMILES,
Sharron
Supplies
Stamps: L'il Buddies, Say It Loud (WMS); Half and Half, Daily Designs Sentiments, Garden Variety (PTI)
Cardstock: Light Denim (Paper and Co.), Lemon Tart, Spring Moss (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Bitty Dots Basics (PTI)
Dies: Half and Half (PTI)
Additional: Memento Inks, Pearls (Recollections), Copics

16 comments:
What a super sweet spring card, Sharron! Love the way you have those little chicks frolicking in the grass together :) The brackets with the hearts are so cute!
How cute!! I am so ready for spring!!!!
Adorable!!
Makes me think Spring to look at this...
just makes me happy to see those little chicks! :)
And we've been in the upper 70's today...
storms coming tonight though! :(
All that work was worth it Sharron, those chicks are adorable pecking around in the grass. Very cute card, so Springy!
Sharron, this is so adorable! Lol, sorry but I am kinda glad to hear it does not always go smooth for you ....so it's not just me:) such a sweet card it all turned out gorgeous . Glad to hear you got the dragonfly too, I bought both sm. and lg. did you get your order from FS. I ordered twice from them also I like how they call you if they have a question . Take care.
This is gorgeous Sharron, those little chicks are adorable! Love the paper pieced butterfly too, and that amazing label.
Such a super cute easter card! Thanks for joining us at wmsc
This is absolutely super SWEET! Great design! I love your card!
Have a great week-end, hugs, Karin
Oh, this is so sweet! I love the paper pieced chicks!
This is absolutely daring. Sorry it was so much work, but I must say that it was absolutely worth it. I love those little chicks, and your unique use of the half and half. The heart is the perfect touch for that little space.
So cute Sharron! I hear ya about some cards taking FOREVER to get right! love the paper pieced chicks and butterfly!
Sorry it took so long for me to see this - My no peeking policy!!! Love love love your sweet little chicks - just the right coloring on the wings and the bit of sparkle! Well worth the extra effort!
So cute - hope you'll link up again at 52 Card Pickup!
http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/02/52-card-pickup-week-8.html
Super cute. Love those chicks. Send some of that warm weather my way!
Super Cute Card! Great take on the WMS challenge sketch. Smiled at how you 'fixed' the middle chicks feet.
Darling card Sharron! Love the little chicks! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)
Post a Comment