Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #88; Embellish Spring Challenge

I have had my 12 Kits Christmas entry up on my blog since the end of February so am finally switching to Spring! I feel awful that I haven't posted anything for so long. I have been busy but mostly just haven't been able to get anything I have attempted completed. But with a great new WM sketch by Renee and this gorgeous Spring inspiration photo from Embellish, I have created this card!
I have already placed three orders for Memory Box dies! Can you tell I LOVE dies!! For this card I used the Primula Blooms die. I cut off the bottom part. The flowers are layered and sponged with a bit of ink, then topped with a pearl that I colored with Copics. The wonderful sentiment is from WM and is accented with one of the small butterflies from a Martha Stewart punch.

I made this for a friend who had knee replacement surgery. The weather here is beautiful and warm--a perfect Spring day. There are lots of daffodils and the Bradford pears are starting to bloom--just lovely! Hope it's wonderful where you are too!

Happy Monday,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Say It Loud (Waltzingmouse)
Cardstock: Sweet Blush, Stamper's Select White, Spring Rain, Spring Moss, Berry Sorbet, Harvest Gold (all PTI)
Patterned Paper: Material Girl (Cosmo Cricket)
Dies: Primula Blooms (Memory Box), Framed Out #1 (PTI)
Additional: Inks (Memento, Amuse, Tim Holtz Distress); Pearls (Recollections); Butterfly Punch (MS); Copics

16 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Oh.my.word. LOVE, double LOVE, those flowers, Sharron! Now why'd you go and tell us they are dies???? You KNOW I have a soft spot for flower dies...my collection is starting to overrun my die box, heeeee! Love how the colors just pop off of the white background. This card is full of cheer (like a breath of fresh air) and is perfect for the sentiment. Amazing with a side of awesome sauce :)

Pauline said...

These flowers are oh so pretty! Lovely colours, and fabulous frames too, an awesome card!

Joyce said...

This is just so gorgeous. Very spring like. Those dies are really neat. I am starting to build quite a collection of those MB dies, myself. No flowers, yet....

Suzanne said...

Sharron! I love this, especially the flowers. GREAT job!

Renee said...

OH! OH! OH! I have this die too Sharron...
and now I know how to use it!!! :)
It's gorgeous...
just love this!
The gingham...
the Frame It's...
the colors...
those stunning flowers...
and that oh so fabby sentiment...
I die!!
This is gorgeous!
And our Bradfords are blooming...
along with the grass that is agrowin'!! :)
Hope all is well...
talk to you soon!

Helen Berry said...

Wow, love the fresh, vibrant colours and feel to this! So spring-like - really, really pretty x

Julia Aston said...

What pretty framed flowers! love the colors you used too - I've spent a fortune on the Memory Box dies and they just keep coming out with more wonderful designs!! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Karen M said...

Such a lovely card and I agree with everybody else, those flowers are so fab Kx

Marybeth said...

Hi, yea! Love the card you made its gorgeous! I love my MB dies too, the flowers are so pretty Sharron, love the bright colors you used.

Janet Y said...

Great Card. So pretty.

Inkyfingers said...

Oh Sharron, it was worth the wait for this beautiful card. The flowers are just gorgeous and the card is perfectly balanced.

JJ Bolton said...

Such a perfect Spring card! I love the look of those bloom inside of the frame:) Love frames too, lol! Have a great weekend Sharron!

Lenet said...

Gorgeous spring card!! Thanks for joining us at wmsc

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This card is full of spring! It's a beauty for sure!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Your card is wonderful! I especially like the gingham used in the background.

Terri said...

Great spring card! Love those flowers. It has been really nice here too. That is all suppose to change tomorrow though.