Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Birthday, Gracie!

I got this cute little owl purse for our granddaughter for her 7th birthday--which is today! They had it at our local toy store and I couldn't resist. Isn't it adorable! I had her package mailed from the store so found this photo on the internet. I also got a Calico Critters set since she is crazy about all the Calico Critters stuff!

I mailed her card separately. And since part of her present has an owl, I decided to use a Brentwood Owl digi image for the card. I did a little paper piecing and added the 'Parties'--plus a little glitter on her headpiece hearts! Couldn't find a die the right side so I got my trusty pinking shears out of the sewing supplies to do a bit of trimming!
Thanks for letting me share!

Smiles,miles,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Digi Brentwood (Jessica Lynn); Eat Cake (WM); Big Wish (Verve)
Cardstock: Lemon Tart, Raspberry Fizz, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny Back to Backs
Additional: Twine (The Twinery); Coarse Glitter (MS); Scalloped Heart Punch (Marvy);
Pinking Shears; Copics, Rose Bud Ink (Memento)

6 comments:

Renee said...

First...
Happy Birthday Gracie!! :)
What an adorable bag!!
I know she will love this...
and the Calico Critters!
I stopped by the display last week at TRU and remembered those days...
I wish my girls were that age again!:)
And what an utterly adorable card!!
That owl has to be the cutest owl I think I've ever seen...
I love it!
And all decked out for the party...
just precious! :)
What an awesome Grammy you are :)

Joyce said...

This is so darling. I love all things owl, and this is no exception.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is so sweet! Love your card!

Marybeth said...

Adorable card to go with the adorable gift . Happy birthday to your granddaughter! My first GD turned 7 just 2 day before, the 16th. Don't you just love this age! They are so much fun. I never want to give her back when she comes for a visit. Love your card. Have a good day Sharron.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Super Cute Card! Love all the pink on it. And the purse is adorable! Hope she enjoyed her surprise!

Terri said...

Great bag! Super cute card to go with it too. Hope she had a great birthday.