Theme: St. Patrick's Day/Irish/Green
Fáilte! Happy St. Patrick's Day to All! I've always loved St. Pat's Day--not because I'm Irish (well, about an eighth!) but because it's fun and festive. And there's lots of my favorite color--GREEN! I don't have much in the way of stamps though so decided to use Claire's freebie Shamrock image today! Isn't it pretty! And, of course, it gave me a chance to do some more paper piecing. I printed the image out on three different papers--PTI White, PTI Fine Linen, and a Soft Green (source unknown). I got lots of unknown papers that I bought when a local store went out of business. The price was down to 10 cents a sheet (couldn't resist that!) but I have no idea the name of manufacturers or colors!
I cut out the cloth layer from the Fine Linen, then the shamrocks from the green. Next I colored the shamrocks with darker green Copics and used mauve colors on the Fine Linen. Before assembling, I cut the white layer with the largest Labels 5 die. I really like that the three layers help give more dimension to the card. My sentiment is from a PTI mini set. And the plaid paper is from one of my very favorite Cosmo Cricket paper pads, Mitten Weather. This is my last large piece so will need to be on the lookout for more!! I tend to hoard plaid! For the bow I combined some sheer black with a touch of green gingham. Love that this card includes my favorite color (green) and two other favorites (plaid and gingham)!!
Have a wonderful day--be sure to wear something green or enjoy a bit of Irish cuisine--perhaps even some green beer! And most of all, thanks for coming to the party!
Have FUN!!
Sharron

22 comments:
WOW Sharron! What a beauty! The shading on the shamrocks is stunning. I love the fancy white matt background and the plaid paper! What's not to love here??? Well done!
Beautiful!!!
Love how you paperpieced those shamrocks...
they're so gorgeous!!
And I was looking through my papers to find some that would work...
I never even thought of Mitten Weather...
now I know!! :)
But I love plaid too and tend to hoard it...
but that's also why Offbeat Backgrounds is so fabby...
I can make my own!! :)
This is just a fabulously perfect St. Patty's Day card...
love it!
Wow , I love that you used a black and green bow, gorgeous. I love the background you chose also. You did a wonderful job coloring and shading the shamrocks. Love your card, Sharron!
Gorgeous! Love the palid paper, and the wonderful double bow!
Happy partying!
Sharon this is a fabby card!! Love the shamrocks and the colouring on them - that plaid paper is wonderful too x
what a great job on your card and wonderful coloring
This is a wonderful card. Your coloring is excellent, and I love your paper piecing.
So pretty Sharron! love the plaid and your pretty double ribbons!
A very festive and Pretty card!
Love the paper-piecing and the plaid! The nosegay looks perfect against that Labels 5 frame:)
Great plaid with those shamrocks!
What a sweet card!! I love the bouquet of shamrocks and the lovely sentiment on your card.
This is a wonderful St. Patty's Day card!! I love your coloring on the shamrock bouquet, and that deep green in the plaid truly makes this card stand out :)
I love the green plaid paired with that sweet image.
Oh beautiful paper-piecing, Sharron! I just love how vibrant it looks. Love the black bow with the smidge of gingham :) Your cards always coordinate so perfectly from patterned paper to image to embellishing. Great job!
So pretty Sharron! Great job coloring the digi image! That gingham ribbon adds a nice touch!
beautiful coloring!
I think your bunch of shamrock looks gorgeous. Beautifully coloured and I think the ribbon treatment is fab!
Stunning, Sharron! You've done a fabulous job of paper piecing and the coloring of the shamrocks is spot-on! Have a wonderful week!
So BEAUTIFUL!
Sharron this is beautifully done, I very much admire your paper piecing!! Thank you so much for playing along with our blog party!!
Sorry this is so late, trying to get caught up! This is a great card--love your coloring and the great ribbon!
Chris L.
Post a Comment