Thursday, October 22, 2009

Capturing Autumn

This is a rather long post with 2 cards and some autumn photos! The first card is for Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge 87. Keeping with the fall theme I started with some Basic Grey Indian Summer paper. Additional supplies include:
Stamps: Autumn Abundance: Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Lemon Tart-Papertrey Ink; Buttercup-Brazil
Extras: Autumn Harvest Jewels-Paper Company Studio, Nesties, Copics, EK Success punch,
Quikutz Embossing Folder.


Some more Indian Summer paper and the willow tree from my new Waltzingmouse Stamps. The tree is from Blessed by You. I have had such fun with these and love this tree! I added the bunny (Martha Stewart punch) and wasn't sure if he was needed but he looked kind of cute! The other stamp set that I have been playing with (a lot!) is Off Beat Backgrounds. Isn't the stitching one clever! I will post one using the plaid tomorrow.

It has been just gorgeous here. Yesterday the fall colors seemed to have peaked and last night we got rain. The leaves are falling fast! We took the time yesterday to walk (and drive) a bit to take in the color before it is gone. We have the most spectacular American elm in front of our house with great golden leaves. The other 2 are just shots in the park close to our house!


We also walked thru our local botanical garden and here are some cute Fall Critters!
Aren't these fun.............

1 comment:

B said...

Lovely fall cards! Love how you used stitching for the base of your tree!