Sunday, January 17, 2016

CAS-ology #180: Open

I couldn't miss posting this card on CAS-olgy this week. I thought of this stamp set when I first saw the cue word and then didn't get my card made until this weekend. Sewing Box-Hugs was one of my first WMS purchases and I always enjoy these sweet images. And I remembered that it also included this perfect for the challenge sentiment.


Paper piecing seemed like a great technique for a CAS card. I used the brick pattern from PTI's 
Petite Places Sweet Shoppe. Different colors of cardstock were used and I cut the door so it would open. The green door has two pieces of cardstock to make it more sturdy.


The inside needed a tiny sentiment but it was hard to find anything that small. I finally decided on this one from PTI's Tiny Tags. The hearts are from PTI's Wonderfully Whimsical.


Thanks for letting me share!

Sharron

9 comments:

Ardyth said...

What a warm, welcoming card - I did think of an open door when I was brainstorming this cue card, but didn't get this far - love how your card turned out! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness how cute!! I love the little heart trio coming from the chimney. Sweet card Sharron! I can't remember if I thanked you for my PRETTY birthday card...THANK YOU SO MUCH!! What a joy to find that little gem in my mailbox!

Jacquie Southas said...

Homespun & CAS aren't easy to pair up, but you have done it with this sweet card, Sharron! Love the warmth of this petite house and the sweet, tiny hearts - thanks for playing along with the CASology challenge this week!

Joyce said...

Oh, so sweet and adorable. This is the perfect sentiment and image for our cue word this week. Love that the door actually opens. thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Diane Jaquay said...

What a charming card, Sharron, your little house is really adorable and I love that sweet sentiment!

I Card Everyone said...

Just so you know, I'm holding you to this! One day!!! JUst a fabulous creation!!!
=] Michele

Marybeth said...

I love this darling house from WMS, Sharron! ( I miss using my WMS ) so very cute and perfectly paper pieced !

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron your little house is just too darn cute. You paper pieced it, amazing and it looks so good. I am a bit late to comment but thank you for sharing with us at CASology!!

Lindsey said...

What a clever interpretation on the cue card, Sharron! Such a cute card!