Monday, September 30, 2013

12 Kits of Occasions: September "Celebrating Halloween"

It's that time again! The last day of each month is when the 12 Kits of Occasions group reveals what everyone made with this month's kit. And this month is full of lots of fun and spooky Halloween projects! Our hostess is Kim, Cupcakes, Cards and Kim. Halloween is a very favorite holiday for Kim and she always posts the best cards and projects. So if you're looking for some inspiration for this year's projects, be sure to check Kim's blog during October.

But today is the day to check the 12 Kits creations. Here is a peek from my card that you can find over on the 12 Kits of Occasions blog here. You will also find links to all the other blogs plus a photo and list of the supplies that Kim included in our kits. Wow, they are awesome!! And this month we have a special Guest Designer, Darnell from djkardkreations. I can't wait to see what great things she has made plus you never know what fun little tidbits she might share with you when you drop in at her blog.


Well, Halloween is a lot about the candy but also those 'creepies' that jump, fly and screech in the night. So come with us on our Halloween Hop! Hope you have a spooktacular time!!!!


Loved this paper and those great die cut spiders. I had so much fun with my card that I made a bookmark to match! The eyes are Orange Peel Stickles. I also added sentiments from Hocus Pocus and Cicely at Halloween sets by Waltzingmouse Stamps.




Thanks, Kim---you kit was amazing! I loved playing with all the fabulous papers, die cuts and sentiments. And as is usually the case with all our kits, there are still plenty of supplies to make even more Halloween goodies. So you never know when additional creations may show up over on the 12 Kits blog!!

Wishing everyone a fabulous Fall and a Happy and Safe Halloween!
Sharron

14 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Sharron your cards and bookmark and all are fabulous! I love the circle cutout on the card with the IO die cut! So creative! And the bookmark is so fun! So glad your kit made it to you! Love your projects my dear!

Darnell said...

Such brilliant creations, Sharron! It is so fun to see how the kit inspired you. My favorite is how you did the village within the circle! I am SO going to CASE that one!! Hugs, Darnell

Marybeth said...

Wow Sharron you do such an amazing job. I think I always start my comments with ..wow… because you always wow me. I am so glad I have supplies left to make that creepy book mark, love that! Beautiful projects, and it was a great kit!

The Paper Parade said...

Loving that spider card and bookmark! So spooky, but beautiful at the same time :) Then that cool circle cut on the second card is just stunning!

Kara said...

Love the diagonal cuts on your first card!! So interesting!! I also just love the scene inside the circle!! I think that;s my favorite so far!! Love it:)

Kelly S. said...

((GASP)) your scene card is STUNNING! I love how it looks inside the stitched circle (and it's glowing!) with the sentiment placed that way! Your Trick or Treat card is so creative and awesome with the eyeballs and the word bubbles from the ghosts and goblins lurking in the background, hee! Your black cat is adorable paired with the sentiment and her bewitching green stare. Can't forget the spid-ees, so cute on that card and matching tag! Such awesome projects (as always) Sharron!

Joyce said...

So much to love on this post. I love the angles you added to your first card, and your bookmark is fabulous. I'm going to be making one of those for sure. Your spooky grave yard scene is brilliant as a circle, and I love the orange and yellow you put behind the pumpkin and haunted house. Your last card is just plain fun, and I love your little banners. What a great way to incorporate more of the patterned papers.

Renee said...

Sharron they are all fabulous!!
Like Joyce I love the angles you used on the first one...
and what a fabulous bookmark...
especially for a thriller/horror...
just what you need when you're trying to sleep and you've already got the weebies! :)
Love that scene...
in the stitched circle...
awesome!!
I love them all...
they're all just fabulously spooky!:)

Cathy Weber said...

Oh wow...a bookmark and that cute scene within the sketched circle! I am definitely going to be casing that idea! I also love all those hanging spiders...and the Bat circle within the Trick or Treat! You had some really great ideas this month Sharron!

Kim Heggins said...

Sharron...well I am so happy your kit made it from Hawaii to you, you totally rocked it girl! I love your your first card with those hanging spiders and those angles, so creepy and so fun too! But your sweet little graveyard scene with the soft purple sky is perfect...love that bat flying over to keep a watchful eye over things. Fabulous cards Sharron, I really love them all!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh how fun Sharron - I love the banners hanging off the sentiment on the last, the green eye on your black cat, the sweet framed scene and the interesting angle on the first card - eek and even the spider has bitty eyes! Spooky fun here! Wonderful.

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron I don't know where to start but ALL of your prjects this month are amazing. That first card is fantastic with all the angles and the bookmark, love how you trimmed out the graveyard--fabulous, the green gem for the eye of the cat. Really amazing creations!

Christina said...

Everyone's projects are so unique and fantastic this month! I just love the black and gray tones your first card. What a great use of all of the spider elements. Love the matching bookmark, too. The haunted scene inside the circle window is so clever, and I love the green gem for the cat's eye and the little flag embellishments on your last card. So many great ideas to CASE this month!

Maria said...

Fab Halloween projects! I can't believe I'm sayin' this...love those creepy spiders...hehehe!