Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Happy Birthday, Kara!


Photo Credit
We're having a party! It a blog hop for someone very special. Kara from KandRdesigns has a birthday today! I have gotten know Kara through the 12 Kits group and I absolutely love visiting her blog. She is so creative and does the most amazing things with paper! Kara, I hope your day is wonderful!! It would be awesome if we could all actually get together to help you celebrate. But hope you will enjoy the cards instead as we all wish you a fabulous birthday and lots of crafty time in the year ahead!

Joyce, Cards-by-the-Sea, was so sweet to organize our little party. Thanks, Joyce! A list of all the other blogs can be found below. 

I can't help but think of fall when I'm doing September cards so I used Lawn Fawn's Stitched Leaves for my card.


To everyone--hope you enjoy the hop! 
And to Kara--Birthday Hugs!!
Sharron
Supplies
Stamps: SS-Birthday (PTI)
Cardstock: Oatmeal (WPlus9); Summer Sunrise (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Sugar Hill (Farm House)
Dies: Stitched Leaves (Lawn Fawn); Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inker)
Inks: Sepia (Versafine); Antique Linen, Wild Honey (Tim Holtz Distressed); Bamboo Leaves, Rhubarb Stalk (Memento)

18 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Sharron! I love autumn colours. Those leaves are gorgeous!

Jill Norwood said...

Sharron your card for Kara is lovely! Those leaves are so pretty! I am excited for fall and some cooler temperatures! It is supposed to be 90 again tomorrow here in Seattle!

Tracey McNeely said...

Sharron so much eye candy! I just got those LF leaves the other day and you have used them brilliantly on your fall birthday card. Kara is going to just love this--gorgeous!

Tracey McNeely said...

...and the cake--fantastic perfect for a fall birthday!

Cathy Weber said...

You need to be on some kind of Design Team Sharron...your cards are just beautiful...the colors, the photography, the layouts! This is beautiful and so Fall. Wishing for some Fall weather right now. I even pinned the cakes photo!

Nancy Penir said...

That cake is the perfect inspiration for a delightfully 'fall' card! Kara will love this!

Renee said...

YUM!!!
That cake looks incredible...
I think we all want a piece of it! :)
And what a gorgeous card...
LOVE those leaves (on my wish list!)...
and so perfect for this beautiful wish for Kara...
she'll love it!! :)

Marybeth said...

Sharron ….. this card is gorgeous! I ordered those leaves last week and cant wait to get them now. What a beautiful card! Oh my gosh that cake is stunning !

Lisa Elton said...

I love that you matched your gorgeous Autumn birthday card to the cake!! Kara is going to love it too ;)

Jeanne J. said...

Now why did I stop here Sharron??? You have absolutely sold me this set of dies! Those stitched leaves are gorgeous perfect for a fall birthday - and that cake photo? WOW! Wonderful post!! Oooh and I just noticed all the fall leaves on your blog page - What a treat. I might just stay here - it's so warm and beautiful!

Kim Heggins said...

Lovely cake Sharron...I would love a piece please and one with at pumpkin too. Your card is amazing, those leaves are just beautiful with all the stitched layers.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so beautiful!!

Joyce said...

Oh, Sharron--you have created the most stunning card. Those leaves and color just scream fall beauty. I love how you created your focal point, too. Such fun to see you at the party--I agree that it would be wonderful to all meet up some day.

Kara said...

Beautiful fall leaves!! Love it. That cake looks amazing too. Mmmmmm cake. Hopefully soon I'll be eating some;). Thank you soooo much for making my day so amazing!!! All of you!!!:)

Kelly Griglione said...

Wonderful shading on your falling leaves, Sharron. I'm not quite ready for fall yet (it's denial) but this is helping me get there : )

Vickie Z said...

Love all those leaves with the distressing!! Wonderful card....thinking the yellow is a bit of orange and you could link up to Color Throwdown blog! !

Bonnie said...

Love these leaves! Another beautiful card, Sharron!

Colleen said...

I LOVE your card...I will be CASing it if that is okay...I don't have those leaves, but I think that is a perfect fall birthday card, esp. for a male...I struggle with male cards! this one is perfect! Love everything about it!