Sunday, September 1, 2013

Waltzingmouse Pajama Party: August


I may be a little late to the Pajama Party but I couldn't pass up the chance to use one of my favorite Golden Oldie sets. I ordered several with my first order and still use them all but by far, my most used has been Sewing Box: Christmas. The Sewing Box sets have always been favorites for me. 


I normally do the mittens this way and sometimes like to add a matching scarf. See my first card HERE. Almost four years ago--wow! Guess it's okay to CASE yourself! And I like these clear colors better. They are the colors in the color challenge but I didn't have a blue that exactly matches. So I went with Baja Breeze by Stampin' Up--close at least. I also love how these Lil' Inker dies go so well with the Sewing Box images.


Be sure to visit Claire's blog to see all the contests and awesome entries. There's still plenty of time to enter the Bedtime Story Sketch Challenge which runs for six more days!

Thanks for coming by,
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Sewing Box: Christmas (WMS)
Cardstock: Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up); Cupid's Bow, Oatmeal (WPlus9)
Patterned Paper: Silver Valley (S.E.I)
Dies: Stitched Rectangle (Lil' Inker)
Additional: Twine (The Twinery); Pearls (Martha Stewart); Teal Zeal Ink (Memento); Onyx Black Ink (Versafine)

10 comments:

Renee said...

And because of you and these mittens...
I had to have this set!! :)
And it's one of my favorites...
I love that it's almost time to pull it out again...
though I actually don't like winter. :(
And it does go so well with those mats...
love what you've created here! :)

Kate said...

Such a bright bubbly card. Love these mittens with the matching scarf - you are clever !!!

Unknown said...

Oh lovely Sharron, I love that you recreated your first mitten card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!! and best of luck in the challenges!

Kara said...

So cute! Love the mittens!!

Marybeth said...

Oh the mittens are gorgeous in these colors! Your first one was pretty too…. but I am loving the bold red! So cute.. trust me if I had the mittens I would be CASEing you too! Hope you had a nice long weekend.

Tracey McNeely said...

So much fun Sharron and I think I will be CAS'ing you on this one!

Joyce said...

Love the mittens and scarf. So cute and cozy, too. And, you are right that the stitched mats work perfectly with those sewing box images.

Diane said...

My gosh Sharron I love this design.

Regards diane

Jill Norwood said...

Sharron this is so sweet! I love this stamp set and your scarf just makes this card extra special! I think I feel a case coming on! :). Thanks for always inspiring me with your beautiful cards! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Sharron, not sure how I missed this card. I love those mittens and I really love that they are both different and match your stunning scarf. So sweet with those pearls, just the right touch!