Friday, December 7, 2012

CAS-ology #22: SPARKLE and The 12 Tags of Christmas


Isn't 'SPARKLE' a fun theme for the holidays! I got inspiration from a couple of sources for my Christmas tag. I have been following the 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist 2012 over at The Classroom at Ellen Hutson's. Teri Anderson's tag for yesterday featured twine trees--so cute! And one of my 12 Kits buddies, Marybeth (Marybeth's Time For Paper) recent cards used fun glittery candies. Thanks to both of you!

So I did a tag, with a glittery tree! The die is from WPlus9. I cut out two tag dies and cut the tree out of one. After putting 1/8" Scor Tape around the back edges of the tree, I laid twine back and forth at an angle. Then I cut a mask to cover everything but the tree and sprayed with clear adhesive, followed by a hardy dose of coarse glitter. I added the small sentiment and tied some narrow satin ribbon along with a piece of glitter eyelash trim (a little treasure that I had left over from Marybeth's 12 Kits April kit). The rhinestone star is from Martha Stewart.


Do you have exciting weekend plans? Hope you're having a Happy Friday!!

Thanks for taking a peek,
Sharrron

Supplies
Stamps: Tiny Treats: Christmas (PTI)
Cardstock: Oatmeal (WPlus9)
Dies: Pretty Patches-Tree (WPlus9), Tag Sale #4 (PTI)
Additional: Peapod Twine (The Twinery); Crystal Coarse Glitter (Martha Stewart); Star (Martha Stewart); Ribbon (stash); Eyelash Trim (Marybeth)

10 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love, love, love the glitter on the twine - genius idea! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful tag Sharron, love the glitter on your twine and the star on the tree top.

Darnell said...

This is so pinned, Sharron! Very unique and clever!!

JJ Bolton said...

Adorable! What a wonderful idea for an ornament tag!

The Paper Parade said...

Yes, Sparkle is the perfect challenge for this time of year! That tinsel bow does just that, too :) I love the way you have the tree made of baker's twine!

Rosemary said...

oh wow... your twine tree is FABULOUS!! love all the sparkle... thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

The twine and glitter are fabulous! Such a cute little tag. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Joyce said...

Your glittery twine tree is just gorgeous. It makes such a pretty tag.

Renee said...

Sharron this is fabulous!!
I love that twine tree with the glitter...
perfect!!
And we're currently waiting for storms...
I hate late night, winter storms...
hope they pass quickly and when they're gone...
we'll be freezing!! :(

Marybeth said...

Love your tag with a bit of a twist! What a great use of the twine and I love the sugary glitter. Thanks for the mention* smile* The twine takes a bit of time but sure looks beautiful! I may have to CASE this one.