I haven't posted in ages and haven't even looked at possible challenges yet so I thought I would share the two cards I made for hubby over the holidays. I could call it my CAS challenge! We always exchange Christmas cards. I used to spend lots of time at Hallmark's reading through all the verses so now I write my own. Since I photographed this after I gave it to him, I will only show the front! I really did decorate the inside too using a couple more of the little birds.
And here is his birthday card. He's one of those people who always has to share his birthday with Christmas celebrations since it's on the 27th! But this year it meant I was able to use some of my new Christmas stamps. This is one of Lisa Johnson's (Poppy Paperie) sets. I have many of her stamps from when she designed for PTI but this is the first one I've used since she started with MFT. It stamps beautifully and has a wonderful variety of sentiments. I'm hoping to order more of her designs soon.
Everything is embossed in silver so photographing it was a bit difficult. It's so much better IRL and he really liked it!
Here is a picture of the inside of the card.
I had the most wonderful day today! We got a late box of Christmas gifts and I received the January 12 Kits kit from Joyce. What fun---LOVE happy mail days!!!!
Thanks for letting me share! And I hope your day is wonderful too!
Sharron
Supplies
Card #1
Stamps: Heartfelt Mix (WPlus9); Love Lives Here-Holiday (PTI)
Paper: Pinefeather Cardstock (PTI); Patterned Paper-Silver Valley (SEI)
Dies: Folk Art Florals (WPlus9)
Card #2
Stamps: On the Line by Lisa Johnson (MFT)
Dies: Stacking Stars (MFT)
Additional: Stamper's Select White Cardstock (PTI); Silver Paper from my stash; Silver Embossing Powder (Ranger)
4 comments:
Sharron these are all so CAS beautiful!
Oh they are both beautiful Sharron! Love the simpliciy of your Christmas card. The birthday is great for a guy. We have many in the family that share the same week of Christmas too. Hope it was a good one.
I had so much fun with the kit.Love the little sm
simplicity
Phillip's birthday is on the 30th, so he gets that, too. Speaking of...you reminded me I need to make him a birthday card! Love both cards, especially the sweet birds on the banner :) I got happy mail from Joyce today, too! Love the colors!
Post a Comment