Just two more days in 2012 and our last 12 Kits post for this year! This month I had the honor of putting the kits together and decided on a winter theme. I started with the patterned paper collection from Bo Bunny called Snowy Day, a mix of green and blues with a touch of yellow. I love designs that are nature inspired so I was able to include some of my favorite things. Now I am SO anxious to see what everyone else made! Kara was so sweet and took a picture of the supplies in the kit (see below).
If this is your first visit, HERE is a link where you can find out more about our little group.
If this is your first visit, HERE is a link where you can find out more about our little group.
| PHOTO BY KARA |
I kind of went crazy with the glitter this month! For this card, I used glitter on the trees, the snowflake and some on a few of the 'snowflake dots' in the background.
More glitter! The snow drifts are glitter paper but I added my own after stamping a sentiment on the snowflake. "Peace on Earth" seemed to fit better for a nature-themed card (a little deviation from the sentiments in the kit). This sentiment is half of one in the Love Lives Here-Holidays set by PTI.
I cut out one of the circles in the patterned paper to decorate the mug in this card--then covered it with a layer of Glossy Accents. The steam is glittery too but doesn't show up well so you may not see the sparkles!
This is my easy peasy card. I love birds so knew I had to use these! I cut the 'Merry Christmas' from the embossed cardstock that was embossed using a Cuttlebug holiday sentiment folder. I didn't realize the birds would need something so small for eyes and after searching my stash I luckily found these teeny pearls on a flourish that Renee sent to me earlier this year. The red trim was cut with a Spellbinders border die.
Love these little snowmen by Lawn Fawn! For the kit the plain snowmen were stamped on a piece of cardstock and I first thought about being more creative and cutting them apart. But in the end, they were just fun to dress up, add a little glitter and have them ready to mail to the grandkids who are enjoying their first snow after just moving from Florida to Ohio.
Funny, I thought the first things I would use in the kit were the sweater and mittens. I found the dies recently through Ellen Hutson and thought they were so cute. So guess what I haven't used yet!
Below is a list of all the participants so be sure to take time to visit all the blogs. You'll love all the inspiration available from my 12 Kits stamping buddies. There are always amazing creations to see!
May each of you have a safe and happy New Year's.
Wishing you peace and many blessings in 2013,
Sharron
Christina {Sea Glass Papercrafts}
December Kit Supplies
Stamps: Snowflake Greetings (Cas-ual Fridays); Making Frosty Friends, Winter Fox (Lawn Fawn); In the Meadow, Pretty Peonies, Signature Christmas (PTI); Folk Art Flurries, Winter Wishes (WPlus9)
Cardstock: Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy, Soft Stone, Stamper’s Select White, Vintage Cream (PTI); Baja Breeze, Old Olive (Stampin’ Up); Oatmeal (WPlus9)
Patterned/Textured Paper: Glitter Paper-Opal White (LSS); Snowy Days (Bo Bunny); Mitten Weather (for one of the sweaters) (Cosmo Cricket)
Dies/Punches: Birds, Pine Branch (Impression Obsession); Mittens, Sweater (Lifestyle Crafts); Anna Snowflake, Tall Birch (Memory Box); Sentiment Strips, Snow Drifts (MFT); Christmas Label, Framed Out #3, In the Meadow, Mat Stack 4, Pretty Peonies-Frame (PTI); Pretty Patches Tree, Seasonal Sentiments, Simple Snowflake (WPlus9); Scalloped Oval Punch (Marvy)
Embossing Folders: Christmas Words & Dots Set (Sizzix-Hero Arts)
Embellishments/Misc: Bells (Darice); Buttons (PTI-Hawaiian Shores); Felt (National Nonwovens); Gemstones (Paper Studio-Hobby Lobby); Pearls, Rhinestones, Large Gemstone (Recollections-Michaels); Ribbon (Hobby Lobby & Michaels)
Inks: Baja Breeze, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive (Stampin’ Up); Rich Cocoa, Teal Zeal, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
16 comments:
Sharron, this was one of my most favorite kits of the year! I just had such an easy time working with and I loved working with so many of those fun diecuts. I really love the birds and sweater/mitten combo! Your cards are all so beautiful. I love the addition of the glitter, and my fave is the one with the red birds on the pine bough. I just think the red pointy borders are stunning on that one! Happy New Year and thank you so much for an awesome kit!
This was one of my favorite kits too!! I love your glittered trees and that sprig with the red bird on it. Our deer cards are almost the same!!
This was such a fun kit to use Sharron...I loved creating the scenes with all the things you sent us. I love your snowmen on the stitched mat! That was genius. I also really love those birch trees with the snowy bank and the deer in front and behind them. So pretty. Thank you for a wonderful kit this month!
Sharron, Thanks so much for this beautiful kit you put together. You had a little something in there for EVERYONE! I love your cards - they are so rich with texture from all the embossing, and I like that they all have some sugary glittered pieces! Beautiful!
Sharron, thank you so much for this amazing kit! So many beautiful colors, images and the best part, leftovers! Your cards are just beautiful and I do love how we have 2 cards that are very similar, great minds think alike, right? I love your use of glitter, one of my favorite supplies. If I have to have a favorite card it would be the one with the festive dressed snowmen, this one will be CAS'ed for sure. Thank you again for making our last month of the year so festive!
Sharron this was such a fabulous kit...
I LOVED the colors and papers!!
And I'm so glad I hoarded a few things...
especially those snowmen...
and now can't wait to CASE!!
But I love the glittery trees...
and the beautiful scene with the deer!
And so cutting that awesome embossed cs...
love that!! :)
Happy 2013!! :)
Great kit! Love all the cards you made with it but I think my favorite is the second one. Happy New Year!
Sharron all of the details in your kit are just fantastic. I love all of the embossing and your cards are just beautiful. The stitched mat, all the die cuts and all the glitter--so awesome! One of my favourite die cuts are those birch trees! Happy New Year to you!!
Oh Sharron I had so much fun with this last kit. You did a wonderful job….. but you made me go and buy more…:) I just had to have the pine branch and birds… I want the snowman just hoping to find it on sale in a store.
Love all the gorgeous cards you made. I peeked at everything this morning and just now have time to comment. Your snowman card is adorable .love the way you framed the branch and red birds,love the embossed tree with fox ,and the three sparkly trees!
I hope you have a wonderful New Year!
Thank You again for a great kit! Cant wait to get started for next year.
What wonderful winter themed cards! I love each one. The colors are great. Must say I really like the card with the red birds. It has been fun to see everyone's examples from the supplies sent from each hostess this past year. Wishing you a very happy and healthy New Year!
Gorgeous cards - ALL! I love the deer and trees card so much! It just makes me happy! So fun to see what everyone makes with these wonderful kits! I am going to try really hard to make cards all year long like you all do! It is fun to see them throughout the year and I imagine quite a blessing when December arrives!
:) Jill
Sharron, I had so much fun with your kit this month, and I can't wait to get back home and play with it some more. The glitter on your cards is fabulous, and I especially love it on the trees on your first card! The winter deer scene is so peaceful, and I adore the little red birds in the pine branch. Thanks so much for the inspiration, and a wonderful kit full of goodies!
What a spectacular kit you put together this time, Sharron! It's been a treat to see your stunning cards and how the rest of the ladies executed their amazing creations!
Wishing you all the best in the new year!!
It looks like you had as much fun with your own kit as I did. This was definitely one of the best kits, and thank you again for putting it together. I love all the cards you made with this kit, and especially those deer in the snowdrifts. I have seen variations of that in almost every one's post, and it still gets me every time. I think your story about the sweater die cuts is so funny. They were the first things I gravitated to, also, but then so many cards made themselves without those little sweaters, I had to save them for another day.
Beautiful cards.
luv
irene
xxxx
Sharron, this was SUCH an awesome kit, I truly loved working with it :) (can't you tell? I made the most cards I've ever made with any kit this year!)You made such a gorgeous array of cards! I think my favorites are the deer in the snow/trees, and the snowmen. Thanks so much for an awesome kit!
Post a Comment