Sunday, December 9, 2012

Cloud 9 Blog Hop-December


It's the ninth of the month already so it's time for the Cloud 9 Blog Hop. This month we have not one, but two, awesome inspiration photos. Aren't they wonderful! It's so easy to get the wheels spinning and start thinking of options of fun things to create!


I love the Nordic designs in this room. The first thing I noticed was the wallpaper. And, of course, that fabulous couch. It was easy to choose grey, cranberry and cream for my card colors. 


Luckily I had this SEI paper pad that included all the colors plus patterns that would work. Most of my inspiration came from the photo above but I also liked the gingham check pattern in the first picture and wanted to use it for a border. I used the large medallion from Winter Wishes for a focal point. The 'joy' and the snowflake were cut from the Seasonal Sentiments die set.


The hop lasts for three days and is a great way to show off your WPlus9 stamps. Check HERE to find information about entering. And be sure to take time to view what everyone else has made.

Thanks so much for taking time to visit my blog. Hope you enjoy the hop!
Sharron

Supplies
Stamps: Winter Wishes (WPlus9)
Cardstock: Oatmeal (WPlus9); Cranberry Red is from my stash--I think it's something I bought at Michaels and it matched the ink!)
Patterned Paper: Silver Valley (SEI)
Dies: Squares (Spellbinders); Seasonal Sentiments (WPlus9)
Additional: Cherry Cobbler Ink (Stampin' Up); Rhinestone (Martha Stewart)

11 comments:

Martha said...

Sharron, this is beautiful! That medallion is a real eye-catcher! I love it!

Joyce said...

Oh, wow. I love everything about this card. That medallion is just stunning in red, and it is set off so nicely with the white and then the checked paper. Your 'joy' sentiment is perfect, and I can't believe you had that paper--it is a perfect match to the picture.

Renee said...

OK...gotta agree with Joyce...
that medallion in red is stunning!!
LOVE the red against the grey...
gorgeous!! :)
And we can't forget that incredible gingham...
perfect!! ;)
Hugs!!

Kim Heggins said...

Ok...I have to agree with both Joyce and Renee, that background paper is just stunning and goes so well with the inspiration photo. It's like they were made for each other. That medallion is so amazing, the star of your card! Love all of your wonderful little details, just beautiful! Thank you so much for all of your sweet and wonderful comments you leave on my blog!

maryrose said...

Lovely! That silver paper really sets off the red wonderfully!

Cathy Weber said...

This is so pretty Sharron...I must have quilted banners on my mind because this totally reminds me of one that could be hanging up all Christmas season. Love the gingham and the medallion in the center is beautiful!

Terri said...

Great card! Love all the different elements especially the main image. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Marybeth said...

Oh wow!!!!! This is so pretty Sharron. I love the gingham and the silver paper on this . Gorgeous take on the photos.

Kara said...

perfect Sharron!

anya said...

Oh Sharron, this is stunning! The silver gray adds to much to this design! And all those delicious patterns - fabulous! So glad you could join us for this month's Cloud9 Blog Hop!

Karen B. said...

The deep rich red paired with silver is absolutely amazing. Love this card and the detail you put into it.